What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Willie Nelson - Across the Borderline

Willie Nelson (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar), Mose Allison (Piano), Mingo Araujo (Congas), Eric Bazilian (Mandolin), Jimmy Bralower (Drums), David Campbell (Harmonium), Gene Chrisman (Drums), David Crosby (Vocals), Paulinho Da Costa (Percussion), Debra Dobkin (Percussion), Bob Dylan (Vocals), Paul English (Drums), Paul Franklin (Pedal Steel Guitar), Johnny Gimble (Violin), Mark Goldenberg (Guitar), Milt Hinton (Bass Guitar), James “Hutch” Hutchinson (Bass Guitar), Mark Isham (Trumpet), Jim Keltner (Drums), Kris Kristofferson (Vocals), Mike Leech Bass Guitar), John Leventhal (Guitar), Grady Martin (Guitar), Bobbie Nelson (Piano), Mark O’Connor (Violin), Sinéad O’Connor (Vocals), Jody Payne (Acoustic Guitar), Ray Phiri (Guitar), Bonnie Raitt (Vocals, Slide Guitar, Mickey Raphael (Harmonica), John Selelowane (Guitar), Paul Simon (Guitar), Smitty Smith (Drums), Bee Spears (Bass Guitar), Fred Tackett (Guitar), Benmont Tench (Organ), Danny Timms (Guitar, Piano, Organ, Vocals), Robby Turner (Pedal Steel Guitar, Mandolin), Don Was (Bass Guitar) and Reggie Young (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Morning with an album from Willie with his sister Bobbie joining him on the album playing piano. @Radikal had posted that Bobbie passed away yesterday at the age of 91. Condolences to the Nelson family but there must have been a lot of joy with the decades of music! …Willie and the large supporting cast of musicians are sounding mighty sweet…

9 Likes

More MES and pals, on vinyl:

7 Likes

From 2008, and another of the late period albums that it was easy to miss.

New band here (weren’t they nearly always by this stage?!?) for Imperial Wax Solvent.

6 Likes

156613-david-bowie-blackstar1

David Bowie (Blackstar) Vinyl

21 Likes

Aaah now I see what all the fuss is about absolutely superb production values oh and THAT voice perfectly framed by the backing arrangements. Thx to whoever posted first.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Your paying attention :joy:

Miles Davis At Newport - The Bootleg Sessions Vol 4 (Sony Music 4 x beer mats)

7 Likes

I was going to post a reply consisting of just one word, rhyming with ‘stick’, but apparently it’s not allowed.

2 Likes

Cant think what it is :thinking:

1 Like

On the old cathode ray tube now…beeb 4
Repeat of a TV Special from '77

:heart:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Paul Weller, Wild Wood. Enjoying visiting some old vinyl…

12 Likes

7 Likes

A great CD/DVD set, recorded and filmed at the last concert staged at the legendary Hammersmith Palais. I was at this gig, with my mate Mark (a massive Fall fan who sadly died of sepsis last September) and we managed to stand by the mixing desk, thus getting a great view. he gave me this set as a present one Xmas, so it’s quite special for me. The music was top notch too, they played a great set and this was an exceptional Fall line-up and MES was in splendid form.

6 Likes

Fab!

7 Likes

Iron Butterfly | In a Gadda Da Vida | 1968
The sudden urge was upon me and so, once again this old favourite comes out reminding me of some magical times in my yoof.

13 Likes

Now playing…

Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer - Not Dark Yet

Shelby Lynne (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Allison Moorer (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Erik Deutsch (Organ, Piano), Davey Faragher (Bass), Don Heffington (Drums, Percussion), Michael Jerome (Drums, Percussion), Val McCallum (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Ben Peeler (Electric Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar), Doug Pettibone (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Taras Prodaniuk (Bass), Benmont Tench (Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Teddy Thompson (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this morning as I start up today’s exercise program with sisters Shelly & Allison and this very talented group of musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet! One fine album…

10 Likes

A folk song with a country twang.

17 Likes

Fine album. :+1:t3:

1 Like