What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Crikey. Alice Clark, eponymous album. Some voice she has, what a lovely piece of work this is.

Unwinding after a long long day, this is beautiful to relax to.

5 Likes

Al Jarreau High Crime / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28148

5 Likes

Sue Foley ‎– Pinky’s Blues
CD|2021

4 Likes

Yeah, hit the north

6 Likes

Last one … what a beautiful cacophony

10 Likes

So far down for my album pick of the year.

2 Likes

The Dead Tongues.

1 Like

4 Likes

1 Like

Great Recordings of the Century
Weber
Clarinet Concertos, Concertino and Clarinet Quintet
Sabine Meyer

Herbert Blomstedt
Staatskapelle Dresden

Jörg Faerber
Württembergisches Kammerorchester

This particular recording being from EMI, as are a number of others, are really very good

3 Likes

One thing leads to another. The Full Circle soundtrack is much better than I remember. Also happy memories of seeing Gillan back in the early 80’s.

6 Likes

Just ripped the Szell box, enjoying what I hear

4 Likes

Another one of the just ripped box

6 Likes

I’ve been exploring stuff new to me and came across Stacey Kent who had passed me by. Good stuff and listening to this, this morning.

8 Likes

Here’s one to kick the morning off with a bit of a bang

Boston - Boston

The debut and probably the greatest release from the band which was basically Tom Schulz who wrote most of the songs and played the majority of the instruments and produced the record in his own basement studio.
I’ve owned this on vinyl since it’s original release in 1976 and I’ve only just realised that the Boston album cover spacecraft are actually upturned guitars, anyway even today this is an absolutely awesome album.

19 Likes

1st run

3 Likes

When Glory Road came out I was living at home doing my O or A Levels. I went to see Gillan at (probably) Hammy Odeon with some mates. The next evening on Thames News there was a piece on a concert in London which had had such high volume levels most of the audience would have been in danger of hearing damage. My parents tut-tutted and said it was good I’d been at a more sensible concert, while I tried to hear them over the persistent ringing in my ears.
It was a very fine gig, John McCoy blasting out a bass solo with a Richie Blackmore wig on sticks in the mind.

4 Likes

Interesting i never noticed they were guitars…….how strange.

5 Likes

Nor had I, thanks @Hanumike , that’s made my day.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I was at the same gig. I remember going to seee Gillan at the Hammy Odeon when I was in the Lower Sixth, and the thing I remember most was McCoy’s bass solo and the wig, because he was as bald as a coot, IIRC.

2 Likes