What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Interesting. If I could only have a few of these seven records, I’d probably go for the first three (Tim Buckley, Goodbye And Hello, and Happy Sad), although I’d miss greatly the low down funk of Greetings From LA, which was the first Tim Buckley record that I ever heard and owned many years ago. But I love them all. He was a better singer (and songwriter) than just about anyone at the time.

Many would think that Tim Buckley’s greatest achievement was to father Jeff Buckley (and I can only imagine how seven LPs from Jeff would have changed our musical world). I’ve never seen anyone who was even close to him for sheer talent and musicianship.

2 Likes

The First Tracy C album “Tracy Chapman” from the eighties. An essential album at that time for testing your LP12 etc etc. Still love it all these years later, although now I stream it as the LP12 was sold some time ago!! A brilliant artist.IMHO.

32 Likes

Alphaville | Forever Young | 1984
Some German synth-pop and the boy’s debut album.

6 Likes

Hi Dread,

Yes, it’s the recent Craft one. It sounds really dull, so I was wondering if I had a duff one or they all sound like this.

And yes, I’m really enjoying the LP12. Early days but very lovely sounding . . . and looking.

1 Like

Thank you Graham, and yes I do need to update my profile.
Forgot about that.

1 Like

There’s a lovely vinyl copy of this in my friend’s shop, that I’m hankering after.

Happy birthday to the Dame. To celebrate I’m playing various copies of Hunky Dory (itself having just celebrated a 50th) on vinyl, CD and tape. Right now I’m listening to one of the best; the original RCA CD pressed in “West Germany”. This one catches the vibe of the original Bob Hill and Ray Staff vinyl cut the best - much my favourite of the Hunky Dorys on CD.

29 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:
Another Christmas gift, first copy was badly warped and had to go back😒.

3 Likes

George Harrison - Dark Horse.

8 Likes

The Vaughan Brothers - Family Style
What a guitarist

19 Likes

Great singer. Great songs. Great musicians. And well worth catching live if you can. We saw him at St Georges Church Hall about a decade ago. Mesmerising

8 Likes

According to the Hoffman Forum these (RCA issues) are the only Bowie you need.

Sadly I waited for the Ryko releases.

Gal Costa - Le Gal

The eccentricity of Gal Costa from 1970 way ahead of her time.

3 Likes

81bmYnUfp5S.SS500
Ringo Starr - Goodnight Vienna, not up to the quality of the proceeding album, but still pretty good from Mr. Starkey.

8 Likes

First play, on limited edition white vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :grinning:

5 Likes

On the Cobbles. John Martyn. CD. One of my favourites of his.

41cOA-rTP3L.AC_SY355

9 Likes

Analogue Productions version. Stunning

12 Likes

Brilliant Dixieland jazz album.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Frequently used as a test record for Hi Fi demo’s back in the day.

2 Likes