What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

Having listened to Robert on Desert Island Discs this morning, I thought I’d have a listen to this. He actually chose the song ‘Your Long Journey’ from this album as one of his eight discs to take with him to his island.

28 Likes

Bryan Adams - So Happy It Hurts

5 Likes

Those were the days 60 pence😁

3 Likes

I think I might have been there on that night :thinking:
Do you remember who else was playing?

1 Like

Jake Xerxes Fussell ‎– Good and Green Again
CD|2022

Enjoyable folk album

7 Likes

I’m not a huge Genesis fan but love this album!

14 Likes

This seems to be getting a lot of good reviews. While I’m enjoying the music, I’m finding the vocals rather annoying.

3 Likes

Clannad - Macalla

Have always loved their atmospheric music since the Robin of Sherwood series.

Phil

4 Likes

fac96cc5-cead-1adc-7e03-c39a2b3d1c64

Bird in the Belly - After the City

From a review on the web:

Critically acclaimed folk group Bird in the Belly return with their third record After the City . A concept record based around the novel ‘After London; or Wild England”. ‘After London; or Wild England’ (1885) by Richard Jefferies, is an early example of post-apocalyptic fiction. Jefferies tells the story of England’s rebirth following an unspecified catastrophe. Cities decay and collapse, pet cats and dogs go feral and festering human bodies are left to rot, before the country is ultimately returned to nature. Jefferies doesn’t detail what preceded the end of fictional England, so taking poems (Cotton Famine Poetry, Plague Poetry) and Broadside Ballads, we constructed a backstory for After London . ‘After the City’ begins with a song representing a bustling metropolis, where the only nature available is the flowers on the window sill. Each of the four songs that follow represent a different Horseman of the Apocalypse; Plague, War, Famine, and Death, which leave behind nothing but smokeless chimneys. An interlude marks the end of life as was and songs in the second part of the album are directly adapted from Jefferies’ novel, describing the country’s slow rot and eventual renewal.

For me one of the best,if not the best, albums so far this year. 10/10.

1 Like

A great compilation from one of my favourite labels, and some of my favourite music.
(Inter) Stellar Stuff…

The Music, Message And The Moment

11 Likes

I really do like this album. IIRC the cover pictures that illustrate the ‘77/‘79 years was also filmed, which I saw back in the day. I can’t exactly remember where but logic tells me it must have been The Old Grey Whistle Test with good old Whispering Bob. I took notice… ‘now there’s a band’…, it made an impression on me and so there began my love of Talking Heads. Still love it!

16 Likes

Don’t remember the support act, must have been someone good, otherwise we would have been in the bar!!

1 Like

Better than the new one imo

1 Like

The vinyl box is really nice too
:+1:

2 Likes

Jamaican Legends - Live In Tokyo (Tidal)

Ernest Ranglin & Monty Alexander with Sly n Robbie recorded at Tokyo’s Blue Note on Nov 5 2011

I saw this line up and similar set a while back on a blisteringly hot summers afternoon at The Garance Reggae Festival Bagnols Sur Ceze in France, so pleased to stumble across this on Tidal.
If you like Ernie Ranglin albums like Below The Bassline this is for you. Mostly laid back Jazzy interpretations of classic JA Ska, Reggae n Dub with Robbie especially digging into the depths of his bass and flexing my floorboards!
Would have been good to have a guest vocalist or two but otherwise well worth a listen or gentle Sunday tea time skank around the front room!

:heart:

3 Likes

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago. Prompted by Guy Garvey playing a track on 6M, haven’t listened to this in ages. Brilliant debut album

6 Likes

Now playing…

Terence Blanchard- Absence

Fabian Almazan (Piano, Synthesizer), Charles Altura (Guitar), David Balakrishnan (Violin), Terence Blanchard (Trumpet), David Ginyard (Bass, Synthesizer), Malcolm Parson (Cello), Oscar Seaton (Cymbals, Drums, Zildjian), Gabriel Terracciano (Violin) and Benjamin von Gutzeit (Viola).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… @Debs above gave a mention regarding Terence’s birthday so I’m kicking off this Sunday morning with Terence and wishing him a Happy Birthday! …and Terence and the band are sounding sublime!

5 Likes

Stupid boy :rofl:

1 Like

7 Likes

I think that’s one reason I can’t remember because It could have been the support act I was more interested in. Living in Birmingham at the time I was a regular at the Town Hall.

1 Like