What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Thievery Corporation The Mirror Conspiracy / 2000 4AD / UK CD / CAD2K06CD

4 Likes

It is… I’m sorely tempted (if i can smuggle it in and hide it in the shelves somewhere - may have to boot out some ‘meh…OK ish’ records. I can think of a few recent purchases that qualify…)

2 Likes

4 Likes

Great LP :smiley:

1 Like

Apostolos Nikolaidis (Tidal)

20220313_184258

Mrs Dread doing greek night at Dread Mansions, proper greek food, retsina and ouzo…

Opa!

:heart:

2 Likes

Mmm…love Retsina.

1 Like

Get yer arran sweater and flip flops on … it’s Pentangle!

14 Likes

He was his usual grumpy self for a fair percentage of this UK tour.

1 Like

Retsina AND ouzo - keep the nurofen handy!

1 Like

An old favourite and a reminder of youthful love ( or was it lust) :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

CD single sounding superb.

4 Likes

LP - BlueNote (tone poet series) 2019 reissue : )

<>

Andrew Hill – piano
Joe Henderson – saxophone
Richard Davis – double bass
Roy Haynes – drums

Recorded at Van Gelder Studios, Englewood Cliffs, NJ. 1963
Album released in 1964

<<>>

Happy 97th Birthday Roy Haynes! :balloon: :birthday: :smile: :+1:

born 13th March 1925 in the Roxbury section of Boston, Massachusetts :us:

14 Likes

‘Black Fire’ is a superb album. The Tone Poet reissue is a must have.

2 Likes

Picked up this one earlier today – a mixed bag. There’s some great mid-80s Damehood with ‘Loving the Alien’, ‘Blue Jean’ and ‘Tumble and Twirl.’ SQ is excellent – but that can’t ameliorate the awful cover of ‘God Only Knows.’

11 Likes

Great Live Blues set from Cyndi, following on from the earlier Memphis Blues album.

3 Likes

Another classic. It’s on Dynaflex vinyl, which sounds great and a lot better than a lot of ‘new’ vinyl that I have bought recently! Fabulous!

12 Likes

Big fan of the Hartnolls since the ‘green album’ … just brilliant live too.

2 Likes

Gary Burton + Chick Corea + Pat Metheny + Roy Haynes + Dave Holland like minds / 1998 Concord / EU CD / CCD48032

9 Likes

Finish of the session with a bit more of The Fall. I do like this one, there’s a bit of chill and laid backness about it that I like… but its still The Fall!

5 Likes

Claudia Thompson, goodbye to love. Smooth jazzy way to start Monday morning down under. I imagine it makes for a beautiful relaxing Sunday evening too. :relaxed:

Aesthetically, I prefer the original 1959 album cover but couldn’t help playing this new 2021 release.