What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Agnes Obel, Aventine. :relaxed:

12 Likes

Katie Henry, on my way. :relaxed:

3 Likes

275510667_1381720068914678_8167769784872063217_n
His Live in Europe album.
First time I saw him was with Taste in 1970 support bands were Savoy Brown, Brinsley Schwartz and Atomic Rooster, there was another couple of bands whose names slip my mind.
The 73 concert I saw of his would still rank in my Top 4 gigs of all time.

10 Likes

Saw him on the Calling Card Tour in 1976 at the Hammersmith Odeon and again in 1978 at Canterbury in the University sports hall - funny many years later I was doing an Open University exam and looked up at the stage and thought hang on this place looks familiar!

2 Likes

Azymuth Telecommunication / 1982 Milestone / US CD / MCD9102 / DIDX000111

One of my all time favourites and an excellent recording from the Brazilian trio to start the day.

4 Likes

What are the other 3?

Jarrod Lawson Be The Change / 2020 Dome / Germany CD / DOMECD349

2 Likes

Yes, cheers. I’m aquainted with Guillaume Bougard who runs Taxi Tabou 1 but its only available as a download from his Bandcamp site, for me streaming of digital releases is easier hence my pleasure in seeing the Jamaican Legends set on Tidal

1 Like

Back at the start of 2020 I (foolishly) decided to keep a spreadsheet of music played in the WAYLTAW thread., mainly give me ideas for music to play and I was intending to analyse and summarise for the interest of members.

Needless to say after around 2500 entries life took over and that project got shelved.

Anyhoo, I rediscovered it the other day and this was next on the list of unplayed ones.

Dermot Kennedy - Without Fear

IMO Pleasant but very much akin to a Mrs VV favourite Hozier might get a re listen at some point when cooking and Mrs VV is about

1 Like

Next up…

Santana & McLaughlin - Invitation to Illumination Montreux 2011

10 Likes

Nick Drake Bryter Layter

21 Likes

Not sure if you have clocked this one yet @TheKevster ? New single from Royksopp called Impossible. The vocals are by one Alison Goldfrapp. Really good and best thing she has done in a long time IMO. Has a Felt Mountain feel to it

4 Likes

Pat Metheny + Dave Holland + Roy Haynes Question And Answer / 1990 Geffen / England CD / GFLD19197

Didn’t get around to posting this yesterday in celebration of RH’s birthday, so adding it now. The recording nicely showcases his remarkable talents including the brilliant last track - Three Flights Up. Noted that this CD issue is mastered by Nimbus.

10 Likes

Purchased recently on CD - still sounds great.

1 Like

Marc Maron - WTF podcast, interviewing Kieth Richards. From a recent interview talking about the rerelease of Keith’s Main Offender album, and also mentions working on new Stones tracks, plus Marc’s interview with Kieth from 2015 as well. Quality Keef!

1 Like

Thomas Newman American Beauty / 2000 DreamWorks / US CD / 0044502332

7 Likes

This is one of my favourite PM albums. I found a mint vinyl copy for £2 at a market stall at Green Park in Bath. I’ve been back since, but sadly the trader was no longer there.

1 Like

Between the Lines, Ian Janis, cd rip

In particular ‘At Seventeen’ - gorgeous track… Heard this being played over the PA at Seasalt… forgot how good this was… a fiver on discogs.

11 Likes

Just finished Beth Orton - Daybreaker

CD|2002

Now onto The Cult - Love

CD|1985

11 Likes

Florence + The Machine - Unplugged

10 Likes