What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

1 Like

This chap has a new album out, so, I’m reminded to play this

Bryan Adams - Reckless.

7 Likes

U. Srinivas - Mandolin Magic - WAV CD rip
Beautiful complex Carnatic raagas played with subtle technique and great beauty by the mandolin master and his superb band. It’s not a style of music I know much about, but albums like this really touch me.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Yes, I agree, it’s absolutely transcendent music.

2 Likes

Softs - Soft Machine

11 Likes

20 Likes

I agree - this BN Classic vinyl has excellent SQ @Dreadatthecontrols

1 Like

Sophie Milman, self title debut album in 2004. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Wow Charles, I haven’t listened to that in years. Going to have to put it on!

Though it will have to wait, watching the Man Utd / Atlético match

Following online whilst spinning tunes.

1 Like

Now playing…

Ali Farka Touré with Ry Cooder- Talking Timbuktu

Ali Farka Touré (Banjo, Acoustic Guitar ,Electric Guitar, Percussion, Six String Banjo, Vocals), Ry Cooder (Cumbus, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Steel Guitar, Mandolin, Marimba, Sampling, Tamboura, Vocals), Clarence “Gatemouth” Brown (Electric Guitar, Viola), Jim Keltner (Drums), John Patitucci (Bass, Acoustic Bass, Bass Guitar), Hamma Sankare (Calabash, Percussion, Vocals) and Oumar Touré (Bongos, Congas, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this fantastic album featuring Ali Farka Toure and Ry Cooder (Happy Birthday Ry!) along with a talented group of musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet!

18 Likes

Looking gloomy at h/time. Assuming you’re not an Atlético fan.

French percussionist Mino Cinelu & Norwegian trumpeter Nils Petter Molvaer get it together for this interesting jazz fusion album, Qobuz 96/24. Sounds excellent too.

3 Likes

Godbluff - Van Der Graaf Generator 5.1 mix/DVD-a

7 Likes

wrong thread, but aye we need a shift from the lads now.

Cheers :+1:

Superb guitar playing and a good recording of the live experience. No wonder it’s a favourite at hifi shows.

16 Likes

Declan Sinnott - I Love The Noise It Makes - WAV CD rip
Gentle folk songs sung in a gentle style, with sublimely sensitive guitar work making it a beautiful album. Sinnott understands that the space between notes is as important as the notes, and he plays with a delicate beauty that fans of Mary Black and Christy Moore will know well.

8 Likes