What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Moonshine Society - Sweet Thing
They don’t release an album very often, but when they do it’s a belter. Three members of the band were inducted into the Blues hall of fame in 2012 for there work with Charlie Sayles. Janice Long said about Jenny Langer “What A Voice”

4 Likes

‘Larks’ Tongues in Aspic’ - King Crimson

Larks

16 Likes

Hi Adam

Just sat down at my computer to do a spot of work - opened JRiver and the second tune was this…

That’s just done me for the day - 26877 tunes on random play and that tune comes on…

12 Likes

My copy was fine, Dread. As good as Tone Poet IMHO. (I think we’ve already had this discussion). Go for it, it’s become one of my favourite albums.

1 Like

Spirit | Feedback | 1972
Not my favourite Spirit as this was their first album with a different sound after a couple of founder members left.

3 Likes

From my favourite musical period 77-82 when many shone brightly but ( relatively) briefly

Qobuz: Greatest Hits by Selecter, The
Tidal: Greatest Hits by Selecter, The
Spotify: Greatest Hits by Selecter, The

.sjb

10 Likes

Just Finished …

Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… while starting up today’s exercise routine I felt the need for the soothing voice of Kate, and just love the opening track ‘Snowflake,’ …one sweet album and Kate sounded mighty sweet!

Now Playing…

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on with Kate while finishing up today’s exercise routine and she is sounding sublime!

31 Likes

Jenny Hval - Classic Objects

Sometimes we all need a shot of provocative Norwegian art-rock. OK, “rock” is not the genre, but whatever. I’ve loved most of Hval’s in-your-face, avant garde, challenging work. This is much more accessible.

4 Likes

Peter Gabriel | IV | 1982
Why? Because it’s probably my favourite solo album by the Genesis man.

27 Likes

Mine too and sounds fabulous :smiley:

Dire Straits - Dire Straits - Fabulous Mobile Fidelity 45RPM version

28 Likes

John Hiatt: Stolen Moments. got to love a bit of John Hiatt.

10 Likes

Thanks Clive, I know your as fussy as I am, so if you say its fine…:+1:

Muller-Bruhl/Cologne CO - Bach Orchestral Suites - WAV CD rip
There is something grounding about listening to Bach for me, I think it’s the way that he harnessed formal structural perfection and instead of sterile logic created beauty and deep meaning.

6 Likes

No pressure then! All I can say is that mine is a really good pressing. I hope you’re as fortunate.

2 Likes

If it isnt I’ll be back to bend yer ear!

More Jackie McLean from the Music Matters 33 Series (silly prices now sadly)

Jackies Bag

Right Now!

:heart:

7 Likes

Santana - Abraxas

22 Likes

CD - nonsuch 2003 : )

<<>>

Manuel Galbán - guitar
Ry Cooder — Organ, guitar, electric bass, steel guitar, piano, vibraphone, tres
Orlando “Cachaito” López - bass
Jim Keltner - drums
Joachim Cooder -drums
Miguel “Angá” Díaz - conga
Herb Alpert - trumpet
Carla Commagere — vocals
Juliette Commagere — vocals

<<>>

About the recording of this album, Cooder notes that “Galbán and I felt that there was a sound that had not been explored in a Cuban electric-guitar band that could re-interpret the atmosphere of the 1950s with beauty, agility, and simplicity. We decided on two electrics, two drum sets, congas and bass: a sexteto that could swing like a big band and penetrate the mysteries of the classic tunes. This music is powerful, lyrical, and funny; what more could you ask? Mambo Sinuendo is Cuban soul and high-performance.”

21 Likes

Andrew Lawrence King | The Harp of Luduvico | 1992
This is a wonderful recording with ALK playing variously on two baroque harps to the mid 16th century music of Ludovico.

6 Likes

Ry Cooder, The prodigal son. Happy birthday Ry Cooder. Thanks @Debs. :blush:

17 Likes