What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

EG Kight - The Trio Sessions

2 Likes

Argent - In Deep (U.K. First Press)
Dr. Feelgood - Sneakin’ Suspicion (U.K. First Press)
Ian Carr - Solar Session
Traffic - Best Of (U.K. palm tree label)

All vinyl.

4 Likes

New Order - Brotherhood
CD rip | 1986

10 Likes

Muse, Compliance. New album ahoy!!

1 Like

The second disc of Angel Bat Dawid and Tha Brothahood’s Live double.
Not so much a gig as a fervent communion.

Anyone who has an interest in the AACM, Art Ensemble etc should check it out. Wonderful.
(back cover, cos it’s a great pic)

3 Likes

@igahman,

I wonder whether you’ve already got this one … … … if not, it’s brilliant.

31t61psQNpL.AC

DISC 1 - LOVE:
Re-mastered from the original studio analogue tapes.

DISC 2 - SINGLES:
Featuring all the tracks from the album’s three 12" singles which included extended versions of album cuts, remixes and non-album `B’ sides. This is the first time all these tracks have been presented together outside of the limited, Rare Cult box set released in 2000.

DISC 3 - DEMOS:
Ten tracks were recorded in early 1985 as demos to play to potential producers. Mostly performed live in the studio, these raw versions are an insight into the genesis of the album and have never been released before. Additionally there is a bonus of a rough monitor mix from Olympic Studios of `She Sells Sanctuary’ before new vocals and a remix were completed at another studio.

DISC 4 - 1985 LIVE:
Recorded on the Love UK tour by the BBC on 31 October at Hammersmith Odeon, London, this thirteen song set featured songs from the newly released Love album alongside established favourites from their debut release Dreamtime and earlier Death Cult days.

As a fan, I think it’s essential listening.

I saw them at Leeds Becket Uni. a few years back … … … they were brilliant, with Astbury in fine form … … … and probably one of the LOUDEST gigs ever!

6 Likes

Brilliant stuff. I saw them on the Love tour at Birmingham Odeon in Nov 85. After the Love tour they did a one off at Brixton Academy in June 1986 and remains one of the best rock gigs I have ever seen. Billy Duffy’s playing on Phoenix was just scorching

Encores were Wild Thing and Louie Louie!

The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle - 1968

It was the Argent tip-off by @Premmyboy that reminded me

Formed in 1961 and (unbelievably) still touring.

20 Likes

The mighty Can, Limited Edition
Nuff said.

10 Likes

Felt like some more New Order

New Order – Power, Corruption & Lies
CD rip | 1983

16 Likes

Always makes me feel good, this one.

24 Likes

Cult. Love.
Thanks @dave-marshall I’ve not got that one. Have found 21 track version on streaming thingy. Will give that a listen. :+1:

1 Like

john black

I fell down the Soul Of John Black rabbit hole after a mention by @ewemon yesterday. The band’s second album was getting all the love, and it is magnificent, but I preferred this, the 2003 debut.

5 Likes

Sam Amidon - Lilly-O

2 Likes

Son House - Forever On My Mind. A recommendation from the audio journalist Ed Selley on the AV Forums podcast, and it’s superb. The reworking of recording is just astonishing, and the guy sounds ‘in the room’. Highly recommended.

7 Likes

R.E.M. - Murmur
CD rip | 1983

15 Likes

Carolina Chocolate Drops - Genuine Negro Jig

9 Likes

Ministry Of Sound the chillout session summer collection / 2003 MOS / UK CD x 2 / MOSCD65

4 Likes

Parliament - The Clones of Dr. Funkenstein.

7 Likes

The New Basement Tapes - Lost On The River

7 Likes