What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Deep Sea Diver - Secrets
CD rip | 2016

2 Likes

7 Likes

More sunshine vibes, wiggin’ out in the cab to this
Nico Gomez - Ritual (Bandcamp Mr Bongo or Tidal)

Belgium, not the first place you’d think of when it comes to Latin or Afro funk. Yet one of the greatest records to blend both styles came from the small northern European country, masterminded by Nico Gomez and his Afro Percussion Inc. ‘Ritual’ is a perfect example of the kind of experimentation that was rife in the 70s and which, when done as well as on this album, proves quite simply timeless.

:heart:

5 Likes

Now playing…

Amos Lee - Dreamland

Amos Lee (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Christian “Leggy” Langdon (Bowed Vibes, Breathing, Drum Programming, Drums, Dulcimer, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Hammond B3, Mellotron, Orchestra, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Pump Organ, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Bass, Toy Piano, Wurlitzer), Mike Robinson (Drums), Joel Shearer (Guitar) and Aaron Sterling (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… after a mention from @johnt above I am kicking off the day with Amos Lee with this February, 2022 release and he and the band are sounding sweet!

9 Likes

On CD:-

Francoise Hardy - Francoise Hardy

8 Likes

Their song videos have always been amazing too, even if some might be a little challenging.

2 Likes

Mott The Hoople. One of the Boys. I have two versions of this cracking track, one produced by Bowie. Don’t know which I prefer.
Ralphs then borrowed the chord progression for " Can’t Get Enough" . But I guess he was allowed to.

hqdefault

14 Likes

And in some cases rather…

Not sure how to word this … rather naughty … yeh that’ll do
:face_with_spiral_eyes: :exploding_head:

1 Like

Kamasi Washington Harmony Of Difference / 2017 Young Turks / UK CD / YTCD171

6 Likes

26 Likes

Beatles, Rubber Soul. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

26 Likes

On CD:-

61wL9G8uH+L._AC_1

Birdy - Birdy

6 Likes

Hotel California. Original Vinyl. This didn’t sell 30 million odd copies by accident.

29 Likes

Had the CD of this wonderful album since its release in 1995 but missed the original vinyl release. This 2015 reissue by Nonesuch is flat & quiet but no information regarding mastering etc but suspect its from digital files? This is a classic album imo and this reissue sounds excellent on vinyl.

25 Likes

New Purchase…

6BA22530-6328-49A0-8504-E054BD3865E4

First play, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

10 Likes

Dusty Springfield, Dusty In Memphis. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

19 Likes

Within Temptation | Shed My Skin | 2021
Just EP length this lockdown album was a reminder that they are still alive and kicking. Fine symphonic metal from them as usual.

3 Likes

Flippin’ eck, he’s smiling. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

An oldie, on vinyl:

5 Likes

Mogwai | As The Love Continues | 2021
One of my favourite rock albums from last year, Mogwai bang on form making their ‘post-rock’ goodness once again. They are twenty five years old now, who’d of thunk it?

11 Likes