What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Dire Straits, brothers in arms. :relaxed:

26 Likes

Exceptional touch

5 Likes

Calexico - Edge Of The Sun.

13 Likes

’17-11-70’ – Elton John.

Reg’s fifth album and first live release. Six tracks performed by Elton, Nigel Olsson (drums) and Dee Murray (bass).

I’d like to get my hands on ’17-11-70+’ the expanded double album version released for Record Store Day in 2017. In the meantime, this isn’t too shabby.

10 Likes

1963 - (2013/14 reissue) - Jimmy Smith // Back at the Chicken Shack

12 Likes

Not listened to this for best part of a decade. Still brilliant.

13 Likes

51bjsV7wrTL

3 Likes

9 Likes

Bobbie, fabulous as always, with last year’s “long lost jazz album” release on vinyl.

12 Likes

Mine too.

1 Like

Jazz Is Dead 2/Roy Ayers/Adrian Younge/Ali Shaheed Muhammad

Fantastic blend.

7 Likes

Post Floyd

Roger or David?

My vote goes to………

Don’t get me wrong there’s been some good bits from David but I feel it’s all a little safe!

Roger harps on a bit but there’s a little more grit and emotion!

That’s just my personal thoughts ……. Anyone else care to comment but please no arguments?

19 Likes

Irish Tour ‘74 is essential listening.

5 Likes

81Y2jFZp+lL.SS500
Henry McCullough - Ballywonderland.

6 Likes

Delta Moon - Goin’ Down South

3 Likes

Maybe a poll a la Hoffman Forum. Separate thread.
I haven’t heard post-Floyd Dave, but to say Roger ‘goes on a bit’ is putting it mildly!

But…I am liking the album you posted more… if only I could say the same for Animals.

Rog. Dave is a briliant singer and an even better guitarist, but he (or these days, his wife) is no lyricist and Dave’s tunes can be beautiful but can also tend towards torpidity. He needs Rog and Polly is no subsititute. Rog could also do with DG’s input - even Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton can’t replace him.

Amused to Death is by some distance the best of all the Floyd solo albums.

2 Likes

Very much so - wonderful

1 Like

Ending the non- headphones bit of the evening with
Ravel L’Enfant et la Sortileges. Maazel on DG.

My copy (secondhand) came with an English libretto typed up on an old machine… I’ve seen another copy with this. Included by DG?

6 Likes

Diana Krall, glad rag doll. Not (just) because of the cover, this album is not the usual melancholy songs like many of her other albums. :relaxed:

12 Likes