What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I can certainly understand your view of Animals - but I have to admit it’s my favourite Floyd album - but that’s the beauty of it all we all like different artists so therefore to we are all going to like one album over another - as Roger says ”it all makes perfect sense". I wasn’t really thinking of a poll of one over the other so to speak - just more what they liked about each one - not what they didn’t like about the other - but I probably didn’t word it very well!

ps - I hope they do the re-release of Animals soon………………….

3 Likes

I thought they had? That was the release I bought:

13 Likes

1968 - Free // Tons of Sobs

16 Likes

No there’s another due - Roger made a big thing about it in June last year - and how David didn’t want some notes to be included about the recording - so he published them on his own website and pee’d Mr Gilmour of a little!

There was another teaser ‘rumour from a chap on YouTube

This is supposedly the new album artwork

If anyone knows anymore please feel free to expand :smile::+1:

14 Likes

Kid A - Radiohead - 2000

On vinyl
Radioheadkida

16 Likes

No - I think it’s the cover for me …….

:kissing_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

No, the infamous James Guthrie 2018 remix (which will come out on SACD, vinyl, hi-res and CD), which has been sitting in a cupboard thanks to Rog and Dave squabbling. Supposed to be out in June.

10 Likes

It would appear that IS the artwork Simon, as it’s included in the LA version of the Pink Floyd: Their Mortal Remains exhibition. June 2022 is the latest release date, but given the endless delays already, I wouldn’t hold your breath…

1 Like

A bit of Bob on vinyl. One of the best of the Bootleg Series releases, IMO.

16 Likes

As some of you may know I’m fairly new round here - bit I just want to say I’m still listening to the Roger Waters album from above and I’ve got to say that it’s the best I’ve ever heard it and that’s all down to the system as it is now - and I’d just like to thank Mr Vereker very much - and cheers to all Naim aficionados here and around the world!

(Think I’ll go and sit in the corner now !!!)

:poop:
:face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

On CD. Not their best but still some good vibes and deep bass going on.

6 Likes

1967 - The Blue 50’s // Django Reinhardt // Jack Teagarden // Big Bill Broonzy // Charles Mingus

3 Likes

I assume no-one has heard it…?
Is it infamous due to the squabbles then…

Hey, maybe I’ll like it!

2 Likes

Apparently Rog, Nick AND Dave all like it. It’s infamous because James Guthrie started the remix about a decade ago. He completed it in 2018 (he’s not known for being a fast worker). What’s held it up since then is a squabble about sleevenotes.

2 Likes

As an aside I was quite surprised when the announcement was made In November last year re the next Porcupine Tree album - again June of this year! It seems quite a long wait compared to some other bands. Then again perhaps Mr Wilson is needing some new components to finish mixing it?

I know I’m going back to my corner ………….

:star_struck:

71s1cVilPjL.SS500
Jimmy Page & Robert Plant - No Quarter.

25 Likes

So stated whom prefer post Floyd

Well here’s a similar thread so to speak

Alan Wilder - DM not the same without him!!

2 Likes

Same here

1969 - Jethro Tull // Stand Up

19 Likes

Have you managed to get hold of the red cover, re-mastered version yet?

It’s awfully good.

1 Like