What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

My introduction to Fela Kuti came via the excellent Wrasse 2CD/DVD Music Is The Weapon, back whenever that was. Its still a good set but compiled of edits, so I thought it would be a good idea to mimic that collection but with the full length cuts compiled as a Tidal playlist clocking in at 3hrs 54mins! :joy:
Handy to dip into in the cab

s-l400
:heart:

6 Likes

The ones on Pink Floyd Records @Dreadatthecontrols? They are all digitally sourced (from 24/192 files) but are very well done by James Guthrie, Joel Plante and Bernie Grundman.

Unless you absolutely MUST have a UK first pressing, and are very wealthy, I can recommend them. They are much better than, say, the recent Led Zeps and the Beatles Stereos; outside of analogue obsessives they are more than good enough for most people. Nice pressings too.

The same team was responsible for the recent Kate Bush remasters which are also excellent, and in many cases, better than the originals.

3 Likes

New Order – Low-life
CD rip | 1985

11 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

The Mutt n Jeff remasters!

1 Like

Sparks - Kimono My House, Ron & Russell in full on energy Sparks mode.

11 Likes

Kelly Joe Phelps - Lead Me On

6 Likes

Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds
CD rip | 1972

24 Likes

Fear of Music…

Nothing fearful about it, its magnificent!!!

23 Likes

Buddy Rich The Man From Planet Jazz live at Ronnie Scott’s 1980 on Pye/RS vinyl. Explosive drumming and a really tight big band. Keep thinking the drive units are going to pop out of my PMCs - maybe I should turn it down a bit … Nah.

7 Likes

King Jammy Destroys The Virus With Dub (VP/Greensleeves)

Jammy to the rescue…

Been a while coming, ironically probably delayed by the virus. Amusing sleeve but otherwise Mr James going through the motions, its ok but I wont be rushing out…

:heart:

3 Likes
4 Likes

My goodness it has been such a long time since I last listened to this. Stopped me in my tracks somewhat and made me pay attention.

11 Likes

Another desert island disc for me. Not everybody’s cup of tea, though i feel they were rather under rated at the time.

1 Like

I have an early copy of this one (somewhere). I’ll see if I can find it and take a look.

1 Like

Playing Southern Freeez and now the later Anti-Freeez LP. (1981 & 1984)

Both albums conveniently came in debut’s inner sleeve. A recent purchase from bargain bin in friend’s shop.

Both by Freeez, of course

4 Likes

Aka James Mathé …
Barbarossa employs a mainly minimalistic style to his music, combining delicate synthesizer sounds, ambient backdrops, and light beats throughout much of his first three albums. His early work was described as having a “folky” style.[2] His music has been described as “electronic soul[3] and is associated with electronic, synth-pop, chillwave, and alternative musical styles and genres.

CD rip … nice sounding album.

2 Likes

Talk Memory - Badbadnotgood

Bought this last year just as I was packing up for a house move. Only found it today!

Some great contributions from Arthur Verocai here but it seems I’m waiting in vain for Ghostface, more’s the pity.

1 Like

Thanks Richard
I found no mention of such an insert on Discogs.
It really looks like a photocopy of an original typed on an old typewriter. Quite quaint!

Thea Gilmore, Afterlight

Oh boy, this has to be heard!

7 Likes