What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Aye but it ain’t out till end of August - seems like certain artists - porcupine tree another - are announcing new albums very very early - or is it me finding out sooner by virtue of this new fangled tinternet thingymajig!

Hang on a mo - I’ve just had a eureka moment - it’s so that people can get their new Naim equipment ordered and installed!!!

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Beck - Odelay - 1996

On vinyl
univ0122_0

18 Likes

Syd Barrett - Unforgotten Hero

10 Likes

Are those Floyd remsstered LP’s any good Stevie?

I have a copy of this, bought way back in the day, probably the fist jazz album I owned, love the Jack Teagarden “Meet Me Where They Play The Blues” track, enjoy!

1 Like

Animals is the only one I’ve kept, Dread - I prefer to have originals on the whole, but that album I never owned or heard prevoiusly. It sounds fine to me, but I’m not fussed about seeking too much further (don’t like it much so far, musically speaking - a bit tedious for me).
I did have Meddle in the remaster series but that had an annoying ‘bump’ pressing fault through Echoes, so I bought a Japanese first or second issue, near mint. The remaster sounded OK.

1 Like

Pat Metheny Group - First Circle - 1984

Looks nice out there?

9 Likes

Cheers, Im not a big PF fan but already have the usual suspects, Umagumma, DSOTM, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, none of which are first pressings I think, but they are pre digital.
Was just curious about those remasters, whether better or to fill a few gaps

Maybe (if you don’t have) try the first two…Piper in mono is good. I liked Floyd a lot up to & including UmmaGumma and really only took notice of their later stuff pretty recently ( Meddle and Wish excepted, although I didn’t buy them at the time).

1 Like

The Cult. Love
Thanks to @dave-marshall for this recommendation.
Listening to 21 track expanded edition on qobuz.
Belter.

9 Likes

Tangerine Dream - Phaedra - 1974

A firm favourite, but a well-worn disc so a bit snap, crackle & pop.

17 Likes

Cheers Stevie, I have very fond and also sad memories of getting hilariously stoned to Umagguma with a circle of friends who have all now passed away.
I am familiar with Piper but dont have a copy, I might take a look at the Mono re master Ive seen posted here by various contributors.
Cheers
:heart:

1 Like

Descendents – Cool To Be You
CD rip | 2004

1 Like

My most favourite vinyl LPs age with me X)

1 Like

On CD:-

51A7L0jw+PL._AC_1

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

20 Likes

16 Likes

Taking advantage of an empty house to turn the volume up and rock out with Desperate Journalists.

1 Like

Fine album from 2013,good workout for system.

2 Likes

Kenny Burrell - Introducing Kenny Burrell.

11 Likes