What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

At his best…

There’s some power in the old synths when done properly!!!

6 Likes

Reflecting the news and the royal visit back a yard…

I hear the man has a long awaited new album soon come
:heart:

3 Likes

Pink Floyd. Atom heart mother.
Fact is I play this album more than DSOTM and WYWH
combined.
The 23 minute title track is a grower with a theme that keeps drawing you in. Some beautiful shorter tracks but admit I often skip the whimsical @AlanP breakfast.
Bought many times on vinyl and cd but happy to stream.

23 Likes

Matt Andersen - House to House

3 Likes

On CD:-

Symphony no 1 from this set

9 Likes

Thea Gilmore - The Lipstick Conspiracies

I fist became aware of Thea when I found The Resurrection Men or Generation Y on a Naim sampler disc (I think these tracks were included on a couple of sampler discs and I don’t recall which came first). Thea was mentioned in another thread yesterday which discussed her new album, Afterlight (which I can thoroughly recommend) and her years of suffering coercive control.

I bought this album on the basis of those sampler tracks. There’s not a duff track on the album. Her thought provoking lyrics, beautiful melodies and voice are consistent on all her albums.

7 Likes

Crooked Still – Shaken By A Low Sound
CD rip | 2006

3 Likes

been listening to this - a vast range of musical genres and styles, much to listen and explore.

5 Likes

Switching gears a bit

Hookworms – Microshift
CD rip | 2018

2 Likes

The Black Keys - Delta Kream - Hi Res download.

One of my top albums from last year, and this Hi Res download is definitely worth having, as it really pushes the “live jam session” vibe.

Playing now in sunny North Yorks., where it’s presently 18 degrees out there … … … blimey, what’s occurring?

22 Likes

<<>>

Happy Birthday Dougie Thomson! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born 24th March 1951 in Glasgow, Scotland :smile: :+1:

17 Likes

The Doors. Strange Days. CD. Now 55 years old.

19 Likes

Coming up after The Archers on R4, Our Friends in the North

2 Likes

I’d give that vote to David’s 1978 first solo release….

4 Likes

Mike Campbell & The Dirty Knobs - External Combustion
Good album from the Hearbreakers guitarist with cameos from Ian Hunter, Margo Price and Benmont Tench.

3 Likes

I don’t actually remember this coming out - but then again I was only 3 at the time!

Although obviously none of us really like to think of ourselves as old - I’m glad I was born around that time - because who will be looking back in 55 years time and saying oh yes I remember this or that band/artist and claiming them to be an absolute classic?

todays generation :frowning_face: :-1:

our generation :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Having already said that of the two, I prefer Rogers solo work - I will say this is certainly the best of David’s solo albums!

And I’d also like to say that I think Rick’s album “Broken China” is an often overlooked, but extremely good listen!

1 Like

Son House - Forever On My Mind

8 Likes

Third - Soft Machine

13 Likes

7 Likes