What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Mankunku Quartet - Yakhal’ Inkomo

This is a fantastic record the pinnacle of South African 60’s Jazz copies of which used to go for silly money Discogs shows a highest sold price of over £1,100.
Excellent Brighton based label Mr Bongo have got together with World Record Co. to produce this very good reissue Remastered at Abbey Road and pressed at Optimal so not the last word in quality but easily good enough at the £20 asking price an absolute gem.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Fields Of Gold: The Best Of Sting, playing this as there are a few new songs and alternative versions, exclusive to this release.

16 Likes

By coincidence, listening to this one as well. :slight_smile:

Acoustic Sounds reissue of Sonny Rollins on Impulse it’s been mentioned many times on the Forum and is right up there , the version of Everything Happens to Me
is as good as it gets at this price range SQ wise brilliant.

12 Likes

Oh my…terrible news.

Why me black brother why? This lootin’ an’ shootin’

So sad to read this news.

1 Like

One of the very recent Tone Poets and on par with the best from the series perhaps the non gatefold sleeve let’s it down a tiny bit when it comes to presentation but the really important part the pressing and sound quality are excellent.

8 Likes

1971 - Carole King // Tapestry

26 Likes

The rather brilliant and oft forgotten Duck Rock - Malcolm McClaren

Trevor Horn & The Art Of Noise in much prominence here.

7 Likes

Townes Van Zandt - his third album.

7 Likes

Bebel Gilberto, tanto tempo. Don’t understand a word, but sounds wonderful anyhow. Should I google lyrics? Will I be disappointed? :relaxed:

10 Likes

Kings Of Convenience Declaration Of Dependence / 2009 Source / EU HDCD / 509993068402

7 Likes

Talking Book - Stevie Wonder

20 Likes

Yes, that can have the ‘bleeding’ Logo… :confused:
I know its fixeable. My pre-loved CDX2 was affected & its logo was swapped out by the dealer, before I bought it… :smile:

Nick drake
NickDrake_cover

25 Likes

Am I right in thinking then if I sent this in for a service that sort of thing could be done at the same time?

1 Like

Top live album. Concert. The Cure.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Hania Rani - Live from Studio 2

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @anon96720693 on another thread had we reach for this album of four tracks and Hania is sounding mighty sweet! …simply beautiful.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Hania Rani - Esja

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on with Hania’s debut solo album ‘Esja’ from 2019 and she is sounding sublime on the opening track ‘Eden’ and looking forward to the rest of the album!

6 Likes

Now playing…

Hania Rani - Inner Symphonies

Hania Rani (Piano) and Dobrawa Czocher (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Hania and Dobrawa with there October 2021 album and they are sounding sublime! A wonderful afternoon listening to Hania’s music…

10 Likes