What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Joseph - I’m Alone, No You’re Not
CD rip | 2016

2 Likes

Great record, I have the original vinyl and sleeve

2 Likes

I got it.

2 Likes

Bonnie Koloc from 1973. Beautiful voice similar to as the cliche goes Joni Mitchell Blue - but maybe more like Judy Collins.

Funny in 2001 she recorded for a small label run by Naim Audio.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Great opening track.

3 brilliant players working together and working off the others’ playing.

[The cover photo makes me wonder where Gary is now. :confused:]

2 Likes

Jeff Lorber Fusion Wizard Island / 2013 Wounded Bird / US CD / WOU9516

2 Likes

Fagen. Morph the Cat. CD. Just great!!

IMG_0861
51SPo+YPb5L.AC_SX355

18 Likes

That made oi larf. :rofl:

1 Like

Should have seen what it did to his friend!

20220331_170659

Nooo! Dont!

2 Likes

Titter ye not!

2 Likes

Following at @Clive posting on Do You Feel Like We Do - I picked up the guitar and worked out the intro riff - great fun.

The studio version of that song is on this album which is just a brilliant album - my favourite Frampton album.

Frampton’s Camel

5 Likes

1969 - The Meters // Self Titled

11 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance - The Wild Swan

Foy Vance (Fender Rhodes, 12 String Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Mando-Guitar, Piano, Upright Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Eric Darken (Chimes, Percussion, Vibraphone), Mike Farris (Vocals), Clare Hadwen (Violin), Richard Hadwen (Viola), Paul Hamilton (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Leisa Hans (Vocals), Jim Hoke (Upright Piano, Saxophone), Alys Jackson (Violin), Tim Lauer (Accordion, Dulcimer, Fender Rhodes, Hammond B3, Harmonium, Harpsichord, Mellotron, Organ, Pump Organ, Strings, Synthesizer), Kolton Lee (Bottle, Baritone Guitar), Colm McClean (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Steel Guitar, Mandocaster), Conor McCreanor (Electric Bass, Upright Bass), urphy (Low Whistle, Uillean Pipes), Ryan Rafferty (Bagpipes), Heather Rigdon (Vocals), David Sloan (Cello), Ashley Wilcoxson (Vocals) and Jonathan Yudkin (Fiddle, Octophone, Strings, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with Foy and the band and they are sounding mighty sweet! and a lovely way to kick start the day…

7 Likes

Now there is another classic guitar riff I’ve been working on - Cissy Strut.

1 Like

King’s Disease II - Nas

Prime Nas, belatedly on vinyl following the stream (and CD presumably) last year.
Some old and new tropes mixed into the stew here.

He’s still got it.

Best thing he’s done since, well. . . King’s Disease I.

Best new old rapper album for yonks, for me.

2 Likes

Carole King. I bought this in Ainleys in Leicester in about 1979, on the strength of all the amazing reviews in the Press/Mags in the 70s. I play it very occasionally. I didn’t like it much then and I still can’t really get on with it. The songs are mostly very good and well played/produced but I find her voice a bit irritating. Maybe it’s just me!!
EDIT: Just finished it, most of the songs are really top draw, I just don’t like her singing them.

20 Likes

The Stray Birds - Let It Pass
CD rip | 2018

Folk, enjoyable album.

2 Likes

Thought I would give this a go….have not listened to this in years.

9 Likes

Had a listen to this as well as it was a B. The vinyl version of this sounded a little flat as it was an early release so I have bought a number of her back catalog on CD which have been remastered. Hopefully they will sound a bit better

23 Likes