What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Amy Winehouse, Frank. :relaxed:

13 Likes

Slip this on - close your eyes and you’re transported to another world - the wonderful world of Martin Denny.

Martin Denny - Hypnotique

8 Likes

Shelby Lynne, just a little lovin’. :relaxed:

14 Likes

51PDt19n-oL.AC
Jimmy Nail - Crocodile Shoes, a pleasant album bolstered by the songs penned by Paddy McAloon.

5 Likes
3 Likes

1988 - Nick Cave & Bad Seeds // Tender Prey

7 Likes

Sevara Nazarkhan

If you like Uzbek folk/pop, this is the album for you.

3 Likes

Black Sabbath – Master Of Reality
CD rip | 1971

15 Likes

3 Likes

Steely Dan, can’t buy a thrill. :relaxed:

20 Likes

Jacques Loussier - My Personal Favourites Jacques Loussier Trio Plays Bach

Wonderful recording and held my attention the entirety of this superb 2 hour long album, and I’m easily distracted.

Just incredible SQ considering it is a mere Qobuz stream, albeit at 44.1 kHz/24 bit resolution.

The man can play the Joanna, and no mistake.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Marc Broussard - A Life Worth Living

Marc Broussard (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Phil Allen (Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Percussion), Jeff Babko (Piano), Tom Bukovac (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Chad Gilmore (Drums), Johnny Haro (Drums), Warren Huart (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Piano, Slide Guitar), Tim Lauer (Piano), Tony Lucido (Drums), Steve Maggiora (Keyboards, Piano), Paul Moak (Accordion, Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Hammond B3, Mixing, Pedal Steel, Percussion, Piano, Vibraphone, Vocals), Tim Pierce (Bass, Electric Guitar), Genevieve Schatz (Vocals) and Devin Vaughan (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… after completing my daily exercise program and a couple of quick chores I’m sitting down with a cup of coffee, a sandwich and this very fine album from Marc. …and he and the band are sounding sublime!

5 Likes

Yeah, no dilemma there. Heating or Rendell on wax?!?!?

Have a good one.

1 Like

Various Artists - Muscle Shoals Small Town Big Music - WAV CD rip
@frenchrooster’s post about Touraj introducing him to this and various people playing it while I was at Mum’s reminded me I hadn’t played this for far too long. Great set of songs with performances paying homage to the great studio, wonderful album. A quick look back at my posting history tells me this was released July ‘19 in the UK, at least on CD, I don’t remember a vinyl option in my preorder.

7 Likes

Eagles, hell freezes over. :relaxed:

17 Likes

The Soul Of John Black – The Soul Of John Black
CD|2003

I think @johnt posted “The Good Girl Blues” by this group a bit ago. Interested, I thought I’d try this album. A couple of songs in and enjoying it so far.

3 Likes

I can’t claim the credit for that one if I recall correctly it was @bhoyo or @ewemon or both, that played The Soul of John Black. I will give it a listen. Thanks.

1 Like

51HMp7M6v1L.UX358_FMwebp_QL85
Ryan Adams latest entitled Chris.

3 Likes

Love it including the Neil Young Ohio rip off entitled Dooleys Farm Track no 3

1 Like

Oops, thanks for the clarification, @johnt

1 Like