What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Thanks for the pointer @ewemon, will be sure to check that out.

Nancy Sinatra, boots. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Nanci Griffith, the last of the true believers. I have been wanting to play this for a while. Went to many shops in the past week for work and went past a few woolies and this album has been ringing in my head many times. :relaxed:

Love at the five and dime. Looping this one a couple of times at least. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

@davidng

You still have Woolworths where you are, David?
They shut up shop in the UK quite a few years ago now.

LP - Motown records reissue

<<>>

Marvin Gaye was born on this day in 1939

born on 2nd April 1939 in Washington, D.C., USA :us:

Marvin Gaye 1939-1984

22 Likes

Goldfrapp, strict machine. Yippee, just finished work. Weekend here I come! Feels like this is a good one to start. :blush:

13 Likes

Heehee, they are big in Australia. :blush:

Have a very good Friday nite and weekend!

And if your are interested, walk around the shop with your fingers and compare products and prices with UK. :smiley:

Marvin Gaye, what’s going on? Happy burthday Marvin Gaye. :birthday:

Thank you @Debs :pray:

24 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

One of my desert island discs. I never tire of it.

1 Like

Now playing…

Arooj Aftab - Vulture Prince

Arooj Aftab (Vocals), Juliette Jones (Violin), Lady Jess (Violin), Jarvis Benson (Viola), Malcom Parson (Cello), Petros Klampanis (Piano, Double Bass), Darian Donovan Thomas (Violin), Bhrigu Sahni (Guitar), Mario Carrillio (Double Bass), Jorn Bielfeldt (Drums), Jamey Haddad (Percussion), Gyan Riley (Guitar), Maeve Gilchrist (Harp), Nadje Noordhuis (Flugelhorn), Kenji Herbert (Guitar) and Shahzad Ismaily (Synth).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… taking last Arooj’s album released in April 2021 out for spin to close out the day and she and the assembled group of talented musicians are sounding sublime! …such a beautiful voice and wonderful music.

7 Likes

To start this Saturday…

Nirvana - 1994 MTV Unplugged in New York

15 Likes

Sean O’Hagan’s band The High Llamas - Gideon Gaye

Reviews on release said this was the best Beach Boys album since ‘Friends’.

4 Likes

Cracking through my FJM back catalogue in eager anticipation for next weeks new album release

8 Likes

That’s spooky, I was cataloguing my LP’s yesterday and found a US copy bought back in the day of this, don’t recall ever playing it, thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

The Carpenters, the singles 1969-1981. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

The Weather Station - Ignorance. Listened to this a few times on YouTube and, after a few listens, it really sunk in. Bought a copy and on first listen on the system this morning it’s sounding wonderful.

7 Likes

Hi you all girls and boys!
Managed to save the SBLs and finished “that wiring thing” this morning.
So after 3 years here we go again!
Hope you’re all good!

12 Likes

Humble Quest

Maren Morris

The Nashville songwriter returns with a comfortable set of country-pop, colored by grief and new motherhood. It feels matter-of-factly masterful.

4 Likes