What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

The Outlaw Josey Wales (Tidal Master)

The great dee jay/toaster Josey Wales early eighties session. Roots Radics, Channel One & Soldgie. Originally on Greensleeves.
A masterclass in riding the rhythm, great vibe

:heart:

3 Likes

Diana Krall When I look in your eyes / 1999 Verve / US CD / IMPD304

17 Likes

My that’s a huge box set Alan. Or are the Spendors smaller than I thought :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re compact with a capital C :smile:

1 Like

Barrington Levy - Englishman (Tidal Master/Greensleeves)

The distinctive and sweet voiced Barrington Levy breakthrough album…
Roots Radics, Prince Jammy, Scientist, Channel One and King Tubby’s…need I say more M’lud!

Errol Flabba Holts Bass troubling Mrs Dreads china teapot collection

4 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Stripped, a lovely selection, live, on stage and in the studio.

17 Likes

This guy is amazing

Microdisney - Crooked Mile

Wonderful 3rd album from Cork’s finest. This was my introduction to their music in 1987 via a record library in Dublin - you could borrow LPs for a week, no streaming in those days! Should have bought the record when I had the chance because it’s long out of print and not on any of the streaming services. Listening to it on YouTube, wonderful stuff.

Thanks to @AndyP for playing Sean O’Hagan earlier and reminding me.

Peter

6 Likes

Just looking through Juno Dowload which offers some cracking deals - picked up the Bowie Toy Box Set 16bit for £12.49 - 38 tracks

12 Likes

Bela Fleck - My Bluegrass Heart
CD|2021

Bela Fleck and numerous guest players including Chris Thile, Edgar Meyer, Sierra Hull, Jerry Douglas, Molly Tuttle, and many others. Instrumental.

6 Likes

New Horace Andy album Midnight Rocker out 8th April.
Horace collaborating with Adrian Sherwood On-U Sound.

3 tracks as singles on Tidal now…
This Must Be Hell, True Love and a reworking of Safe From Harm (Massive Attack)

Horace-Andy-Midnight-Rocker

6 Likes

In memory of Tabby Diamond, the 12" version of a big Mighty Diamonds hit Pass The Koutchie.

Later taken up the UK charts when it was covered and renamed as Pass The Dutchie buy Musical Youth, apparently it was thought a bit inappropriate for a child group to be celebrating a herb chalice so changed it to a song about a dutch pot…its a pot for cooking M’lud!

Find it on this handy Sly n Robbie comp of their productions with Black Uhuru, Dennis Brown, Gregory Isaacs, Sugar Minott, Wailing Souls etc on Tidal

2 Likes

Now playing…

Maren Morris - Humble Quest

Maren Morris (Vocals), Bennett Lewis (Dobro, Mandolin), Rich Hinman (Pedal Steel Guitar), Ryan Hurd (Vocals), Greg Kurstin (Bass, Drums, Fender Rhodes, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboards, Hammond Organ, Percussion, Piano, Wurlitzer) and Julia Michaels (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Saturday morning with Maren’s third album, released on March 24, 2022, after a mention above from @osprey and Maren and the band are sounding mighty fine! …some pleasant music to ease into a chilly, moist and overcast morning.

6 Likes

Few trax off this coming out around 15th April

1 Like
6 Likes

Latest release from the Mad Professor- Covidub Illusion. Top bit of laid back dub for a Saturday afternoon

5 Likes

On Vinyl:

8 Likes

Freddie Hubbard Open Sesame / 2002 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349534124

12 Likes

Now playing…

Lee Ann Womack - The Lonely, The Lonesome & The Gone

Lee Ann Womack (Vocals), Ethan Ballinger (Guitar, Kayagum, Vocals), Shawn Camp (Vocals), Christina Courtin (Strings), Glen Duncan (Fiddle), Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar), Annalise Liddell (Guitar, Vocals), Frank Liddell (Guitar, Vocals), Waylon Payne (Guitar), Jerry Roe (Bass, Drums), Glenn Worf (Bass, Drums) and Adam Wright (Guitar, Keyboards, Tremolo).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Lee Ann and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet! I love this album, songs with some wonderful lyrics and music and worth the time to take out for a spin.

6 Likes

Bim Sherman - Miracle (Tidal)

Bims lovely 90’s collaboration with Adrian Sherwoods On-U Sound, Talvin Singh and The Studio Beats Orchestra Bombay

3 Likes