What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Andrew Duhon - False River

No fireworks, but lovely singer-songwriter fare, with a laid back Country vibe, great to relax to.

2 Likes

Its not actually that good imo, love the sleeve though
:heart:

1 Like

Which ones not that good - the King Jammy or the Mad Professor? Haven’t listened to the King Jammy yet so must give it a whirl

This one is actually great

4 Likes

Had to follow it with this really. I LOVE this album

16 Likes

Im talking The Jammy if that wasnt clear :+1:
You will know if the Mad Prof one is any good, you just listened to it, right?

Indeed - it is v good IMHO :+1:

1 Like

Time for a Harris G&T & Grapefruit on the night train.

G

17 Likes

Jerry Garcia & David Grisman - Shady Grove
Mofi LP release, 2017
Album original release, 1996

7 Likes

We’re you being really careful with the amount of crisps you eat or was the bowl full at the start?:wink:

It was full…and is being refilled as I type :joy:

G

2 Likes

Good man!

1 Like

Cheers! I will check it out for sure :+1:

1 Like

Love this authentic Rastafari Nyabingi from East Africa (Tidal/Bandcamp all formats)

Nyabingi is one of the Mansions of Rastafari, which worships and achieves enlightenment through drumming and righteous living. The Mansion takes its name from the 18th century warrior queen Nyabingi, ruler of an east African kingdom. After being murdered in a royal dispute, a religion formed around her spirit that inspired anti-colonial revolts all over the region. Nyabingi’s followers used intense drumming to terrify the colonial authorities and their collaborators. Her spirit was said to have possessed Queen Muhumusa in the late 19th century, so feared that she was imprisoned for life and a ban on drumming was imposed by the authorities.

A century and a half later, the descendants of Nyabingi are still drumming in the same region of East Africa. One of the most notable groups are Nilotika Tugifa, aka Nilotika Cultural Ensemble, led by Jajja Kalanda. The patterns and instruments they use are the same as their Nyabingi ancestors, but they have evolved and developed their technique, notably including Caribbean sounds and styles influenced by the Mansion of Rasta that adopted their name. Like the Rastas, Nilotika’s culture embraces artistic creativity, community values and clean living as an alternative to the corruption and capitalism prevalent in mainstream Ugandan society.

:heart:

Garbage | Strange Little Birds | 2016
Not many takers on here for this one when it dropped but it’s one of my favourites from them, getting a welcome airing after a couple of dormant years or so.

6 Likes

LP - Wide Hive Records 2015 : )

Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass – Matt Montgomery
Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Larry Coryell
Drums – Mike Hughes
Soprano Saxophone – George Brooks

Recorded July 27th and 28th 2014 at Area J Studio, Berkeley, California.
Mixed October 25th and 26th 2014.

<<>>

Larry Coryell was born on this day in 1943

born on 2nd April 1943 in Galveston, Texas :us:

Larry Coryell 1943-2017

6 Likes

Rolling Stones, Let It Bleed. Vinyl.

23 Likes

I have that on vinyl :+1:

Sophie Zelmani - Soul

Still in relax mode.

6 Likes

Ayreon - Transitus.

Need to listen several more times, but this is growing on me. Nearly bought the vinyl in HMV yesterday but was hesitant.

Tom Baker at the helm for narration an instant plus (last album I can remember he had a ‘slot’ was Mansun’s utterly sublime and bonkers Six).

Track 8 ‘Listen to my story’ is almost on repeat and Track 9 just ups the ante. Wow, track 10 has started…I’ve not listened critically before but ‘the hooks are in’ from casual listening.

@IanRobertM - you may hate it but give this and other Ayreon offerings a whirl!

3 Likes