What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

:heart:

8 Likes

Leonard Cohen - Songs From A Room - Canadian 1st press vinyl
Simple tunes with complex deep poetic lyrics that stick in the mind, intoned by Laughing Len, powerfully affecting music.
About 20 years ago a couple of friends came to mine for dinner, John arrived with a gift of the half dozen or so albums he had left when he gave up on vinyl, this was one.

14 Likes

Enjoying being cant be *rsed to play LP’s tonight. after putting my back out trying to wheel a very portly chap into the cab yesterday.

The squat thrusts reguired every 20mins or so is just too much pain at the mo!

:grin:

I went to like your post and decided that wasn’t really the right response. Take care, hope your back recovers quickly.

1 Like

Need to get streaming, Dread. Problem is with no exercise you pile on the pounds.

Hope your back improves quickly.

2 Likes

Remember it well, upstairs on Duke St if I remember correctly. Nice to see Microdisney mentioned, Singers Hampstead Home comes to mind.

Diana Panton, Red. :relaxed:

Daylight saving has finished down under. One extra hour of sleep. Now comes the months of shorter days, waking up in darkness and getting home after work in darkness, esp if I were in the office.

@Dreadatthecontrols, rest and get well soon.

4 Likes

Willie Watson – Folk Singer Vol. 1
CD|2014

3 Likes

Have not listened to this for over 40 years or so….still like it ….:blush:

15 Likes

Yes, Duke Street was in my mind too - I think the guy who ran the place was called John. Was a great idea to be able to borrow LPs - an early version of streaming :grinning:

Hamstead Home is on “39 Minutes” and is a great record. Most of their stuff is on the streaming services.

Wonderful band as was the next venture, The Fatima Mansions.

Peter

1 Like

Aint stopping those good time vibes…and special medicine for the back :wink:

7 Likes

The Gun Club.
Any band that starts off a gig with a (very loose) version of The Creator Has A Master Plan is OK by me.

3 Likes

Deep Purple - Machine Head - early press U.K. vinyl
Masterful heavy rock, great rhythm section, Lord’s keyboards and Blackmore’s axe provide driving and swirling leads, Gillan can scream it out with the best. Add classic songs and it’s a seminal rock album. Who can resist the intro to Smoke on the Water?
Another of the records John gave me, weirdly his wife messaged me to say hi while I was playing this.

22 Likes

Nikki Lane, highway queen. Haven’t listened to this for quite a while. Thank you @patk for jogging memory. Yippee ki yay! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

So it’s gotta be followed by the studio version.
What a great band…

3 Likes

Never fails to bring a smile to my face.

At King Jammys with Beenie Man, Lt Stitchie and Josey Wales

:grin:

2 Likes

Cambridge…

3 Likes

Sod it…gotta be a Gun Club evening. I’ll get to Fire Of Love next.
Gun Club Danse Kalinda Boom

2 Likes

Grainy video but decent sound and great gig with The Black Disciples Band.

Should put me back out more often…:grin:

3 Likes

Dido, still on my mind. :relaxed:

8 Likes