What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Gillian Welch – Boots No. 1: The Official Revival Bootleg
CD|2016

16 Likes

I don’t hate it… :crazy_face:

Where did I say that…??

1 Like

Teeth Of The Sea | Wraith | 2019
Less hard hitting than their previous post-rock/psychedelic/whatever albums and no worse for that. This was yet another fine offering from the London outfit.

1 Like

Greg Brown - Covenant

Great stuff.

3 Likes

Trilok Gurtu - African Fantasy (Tidal/CD)

Fusing Indian and African musical influences

Worth price of admission for title track with Anjelique Kidjo alone
:heart:

5 Likes

Nice woofer!
Off to the “Show us your pets” thread with you! :smile: :+1:

13 Likes

The Band. Rock of ages (in concert)
No experimentation tonight. Listening to what I know and love.

13 Likes

On the ‘second’ round of pressing, unnumbered ones.
Still Vinyl great quality from this label (I have the Ella Fitzgerald recording, as a limited numbered version).

If you like your Dave Brubeck certainly one to track down.

7 Likes

Nikki Lane - Highway Queen
CD|2017

3 Likes

Janis Joplin - Greatest Hits - ‘80s vinyl
The first Janis I ever bought, and the 40 year old slab of cheap vinyl is in great condition despite being used in a student flat on my Trio KD1033B by people in various altered mental states.
She was such a great interpreter, power, excitement and pain, one of the great belters. I love this album.

17 Likes

Genesis - Wind & Wuthering - 1976

18 Likes

3 Likes

41QKVEIqLLL.AC
Abbey Lincoln - That’s Him!

14 Likes

Ronnie Earl & the Broadcasters - Still River - 1st (only?) press vinyl
Instrumental jazz-inflected blues, this is classy music played superbly, beautifully and with soul. Thanks @ewemon for the Ronnie play above, I’ve not played this for many years.

6 Likes

Great soundtrack album and the films pretty good iirc, might have to watch it again…

:heart:

1 Like

2 Likes

…Watch you dont come home to find him chomping on your Naca!

The New Basement Tapes – Lost On The River
CD|2014

Someone mentioned this here recently, thought I would give it a listen since its been a while.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Vince Gill - Down To My Last Bad Habit

Vince Gill (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), Richard Bennett (Acoustic Guitar), Chris Botti (Trumpet), Bekka Bramlett (Vocal Harmony), Tom Bukovac (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Cam (Vocals), Eric Darken (Percussion), Fred Eltringham (Drums, Percussion), Karen Fairchild (Vocals), Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar), |Corrina Gill (Vocal Harmony, Vocals), Tony Harrell (Accordion, Hammond B3, Piano, Wurlitzer), Ellie Holcomb (Vocal Harmony), Dann Huff (Electric Guitar), Kirk “Jelly Roll” Johnson (Harmonica), Steve Jordan (Drums, Percussion), Charlie Judge (Hammond B3, Keyboards, Synthesizer), Kim Keyes (Vocal Harmony), Alison Krauss (Vocal Harmony|), Dean Parks (Electric Guitar), Michael Rhodes (Bass), Kimberly Schlapman (Vocals), Phillip Sweet (Vocals), Jenny Van Valkenburg (Vocal Harmony), Pete Wasner (Wurlitzer), Willie Weeks (Bass), Jimi Westbrook (Vocals), Charlie Worsham (Vocal Harmony) and Reese Wynans (Hammond B3).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)…returning from running some errands and taking Vince Gill and his talented group of musicians working with him and they are sounding mighty sweet!

15 Likes

Dave Bailey Quintet - Reaching Out.

3 Likes