What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Finished H.C. McEntire - Eno Axis
CD|2020

Now playing Katherine Priddy - The Eternal Rocks Beneath
CD|2021

4 Likes

Purchased this remastered LP last week – what a glorious album.

Great songs and performances, enhanced by Thomas Dolby’s production. It leaps out of my speakers.

From 1985, ‘Steve McQueen’ by Prefab Sprout

18 Likes

Don Rendell Ian Carr Quintet - Dusk Fire

From the superb Jazzman Landsdowne Series re issues

:heart:

6 Likes

Joe Sample Carmel / 1996 Blue Thumb / US CD / TD702

5 Likes

Start of a week’s annual leave. Bliss.

G

6 Likes

1974 - Robin Trower // Bridge of Sighs

22 Likes

Fleetwood Mac | Then Play On | 1969
Peter Green being particularly wonderful on this one, when the 'Mac were a blues rock band.

20 Likes

Andrew Bird - My Finest Work Yet
CD|2019

6 Likes

John Martyn. Debut album 1967. A Sunday evening favourite.

11 Likes

Bought a hi-res digital version the other day, a reminder to play it. Have the original vinyl.

1 Like

Must find the vinyl as the digital download is too bright and sparkly.

Apparently it was named differently in the US due to objections from Mr McQueen’s estate.

I was unaware of that. Shame, as the LP cover is particular fabulous. Pre-fabulous, ahem.

So after a brief Steve McQueen, how about ‘Meet Danny Wilson’? Were the band named after the Sinatra film?

This is up there with Prefab Sprout’s SMcQ in my view.

Can’t say much more than what a gorgeous sounding album, I’d commend it to anyone:

10 Likes

Only just found that out on wikipedia:

Steve McQueen is the second studio album by English pop band Prefab Sprout, released in June 1985 by Kitchenware Records. The album was released by CBS in the United States as Two Wheels Good in anticipation of legal conflict with the estate of American actor Steve McQueen.[1][2]The album cover references Steve McQueen’s lifelong passion for Triumph motorcycles and the 1963 film The Great Escape .

1 Like

Sometimes I think I just enjoy songs and don’t appreciate the relevance of the lyrics, this via Roon was interesting:

1 Like

Totally agree with you, stonkingly well produced. One more I would offer up, from the same year, that also sounds terriffic.
Scritti_Pol_85

8 Likes

I think that Mary’s Prayer is one of those rare ‘perfect’ singles

4 Likes

Neil Young - Hitchhiker
CD|2017

14 Likes

Yes!

Of course, that’s what I anticipated writing in my original post. But never want to be accused of plagiarism :grinning:

Emmylou Harris & Nash Ramblers - Ramble in Music City

9 Likes