What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

1976 - Aurora // Jean-Luc Ponty

5 Likes

51pXd1T8D9L.AC
Wings At The Speed Of Sound, not McCartney’s best by any means, but worth the price of admission for the bass work on “Silly Love Songs” alone.

13 Likes

Now playing…

Mulatu Astatke - The Story of Ethic Jazz 1965 - 1975

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a recommendation from a friend so taking out for a spin and opening track is sounding mighty fine!

4 Likes

Great choice SK - I suspect the dreaded predictive text has created a new (and rather intriguing) jazz genre!

2 Likes

I’ll track that down, only got this and a couple of older ones.

11 Likes

Like most things Ferry-related, this is classy. But ‘Boys and Girls’ is his best in my opinion.

2 Likes

Rounding out the weekend with The Fabs.

The Giles Martin remix - and it sounds very good indeed…

18 Likes

518yECli0-L.AC
Norah Jones - Not Too Late.

19 Likes

Stacey Kent, racnote-moi… Feels like a nice way to start the week along with my coffee and toast. :relaxed:

8 Likes

7 Likes

Me too :+1:

1 Like

Heehee, I guess it is not necessary but making use of all available sensory receptors helps. Why not? The Led Zeppelin IV art work is intriguing with the backdrop which always makes me wonder what’s the meaning if any.

Found it!

Page has explained that the cover of the fourth album was intended to bring out a city/country dichotomy that had initially surfaced on Led Zeppelin III, and a reminder that people should look after the Earth . He later said the cover was supposed to be for “other people to savour” rather than a direct statement. The album cover was amongst the 10 chosen by the Royal Mail for a set of “Classic Album Cover” postage stamps issued In January 2010.

Source

Makes me think of R+ the last summer album, a collaboration with Dido. One look at the cover and the way the tracks flows puts me on a journey.

2 Likes

51nZreyqVxL.AC
Grant Green - Blues For Lou.

11 Likes

Just reminded myself what a stupendously good album this is.

13 Likes

Enjoying my Americana evening… another classic album… with the absolute gem, Kristofferson’s ‘Me and Bobby McGee’… apparently recorded shortly before Joplin sadly took her life

15 Likes

Ashley Monroe, Like a Rose. :relaxed:

6 Likes

I’m not sure she intended to end her own life, Simon. She had never been happier having finally managed to put a proper band together, Full Tilt Boogie, and Pearl being released. It’s was accidental heroin overdose, or if you believe the latest from new biography, “ Joplin tripped over the hotel’s thick shag carpet, fell onto the bedside table head-first and then broke her nose, which could have led to asphyxiation and eventual death as the blood backed up in her throat.” Nevertheless, sad loss!

2 Likes

Well I guess there is always a doubt… but someone taking a heroine overdose does sound self destructive to me… however as you say a sad loss.

1 Like

Beck Morning Phase

21 Likes

Ryan Adams Chris

6 Likes