What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Melanie De Biasio - A Stomach Is Burning
Melanie De Biasio (Vocals, Flute), Steve Houben (Flute, Saxophone), Alex Gilain (Double Bass), Pascal Moby (Piano), Pascal Paulus (Keyboards) and Teum Verbruggen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Monday morning with Melanie De Biasio and she with her talented sextet are sounding mighty sweet! One fine album…

7 Likes

So Honest Vinyl Vic is for real, thought ye was yankin’ me todger guvnor! :joy:

1 Like

CD rip

7 Likes

1 Like

First listen to this, more out of curiosity as it appears well reviewed.

Only a few tracks in, sounds a bit forced to me like their trying just a bit too hard to appear like their having a great time and swinging hard.
It was apparently recorded to punt to record companies, maybe that explains it.
Or is it just me?

Continuing with albums not played recently -Binker Golding’s hard bop stylee “Abstracts of Reality…” . Great compositions and playing - really good to hear Joe Armon-Jones on piano rather than his favoured Wurlitzer. Saw Binker play this set with Jessica Tandy in the beer tent at We Out Here in 2019 (he did explain the title but I forget) and later in a Sheffield club with a full band.

2 Likes

J.J. Cale | #8 | 1983

8 Likes

:+1:

Nicholas Payton Nick@Night / 2000 Verve / US CD / 3145475982

npeytonnickatnight

4 Likes

Willie Nelson, It Always Will Be. CD. Akurate CD.

7 Likes

Dr Alex Paterson* & Mixmaster Morris – Mixmag Live! Volume 9 - 1996

CD rip

The best ‘free’ CD I own, oddly they were still issuing cassettes in 1996 as well for some reason.
Still, the magazine had changed a lot from its birth in 1983!

1 Like

Interesting direction Aaron is taking…

2 Likes

Every track on this album is solid gold.

Dave Mason’s guitar playing is wonderful then you have Leon Russell on piano plus the cream of session players.

If that isn’t enough Bonnie Bramlett, Rita Coolidge and Claudia Lennear provide backing vocals.

Dave Mason - Alone Together

12 Likes

Bauhaus | Bela Lugosi’s Dead | 1979
Just a twenty five minuter on this EP length Alternative / Goth Rock or whatever album. Always good and different stuff from these lads, unfortunately the pooch does not appreciate it and headed for the hills! More training required obviously.

8 Likes

Distilling is the art of separating and recombining elements to create real genuine flavor. Mungo’s Hi Fi are a 100% authentic soundsystem, who blend reggae, dubstep and bass music, and have carried their unique party vibes to every corner of the globe.
Mungo’s Hi Fi are now taking their high-energy experience to the US, bringing with them some of the most celebrated UK based emcees and lyricists. To give their fans a taste of their distinctive bass-heavy sound, they have compiled Distilled, a concentrated, power-packed shot of their biggest party anthems.

:heart:

2 Likes

Kyiv is a message of empathy and hope to the people of Ukraine and all proceeds from the song will be donated to helping Ukraine and Ukrainian people.

:heart:

4 Likes
6 Likes

The Beatles | Revolver | 1966
Vinyl rip from the Beatles Collection MoFi box set. As an aside, the boys were obviously feeling the pain of having to pay 95% tax on income, as was my father at that time. The good old days :upside_down_face:!

22 Likes

1973 - Iggy & the Stooges - Raw Power

16 Likes

Well was in town today and wife spotted this gap in the Van collection. Very enjoyable.

11 Likes