What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I like your new avatar too, Debs.

3 Likes

Ive been wondering how you do that after seeing others superimposing the colours over existing avatar

Prompted by @Debs

Stanley Turrentine with The 3 Sounds, Bill Dowdy, Andrew Simpkins and Gene Harris,
Blue Hour 1960 Blue Note

If I was home would be spinning my lovely Music Matters 33

:heart:

7 Likes

Status Quo - Aquostic Stripped Bare

7 Likes

Checking this out…not really listened to Joe Jackson since way back when Look Sharp came out and was on regular rotation amongst friends.

I’ve seen Body And Soul posted here a few times and theres a vinyl re issue…

I dont get it to be honest, nicely done and recorded but to me sounds like polished MOR

Tin hat n bullet proof vest on

5 Likes

Preservation Hall Jazz Band – So It Is
CD rip | 2017

3 Likes

This was one of my gateway albums into Jazz / Fusion…

51GyK1K0heL._AC_1

Weather Report’s seventh album, released in 1977. ‘Heavy Weather’ - Vinyl

15 Likes

51CqygOh-9L.AC

Van Morrison - Avalon Sunset.

Sometimes, only a classic album will do.

23 Likes

Not sure how others have created theirs, but these avatars are custom Photoshop artwork, with forum software cropping them to a circle shape.

4 Likes

Chick Corea Elektric Band Eye Of The Beholder / 1988 GRP / US CD / GRD9564

2 Likes

Thanks Geoff, a bit beyond my analogue brain and facilities I think. Good though
Cheers

1 Like

Another first…

Phi-Psonics is a meditative, immersive instrumental group from Los Angeles, led by bassist Seth Ford-Young and featuring Sylvain Carton on woodwinds, Mitchell Yoshida on electric piano, and Josh Collazo on drums. Their deeply soulful music draws on jazz and classical influences together with Ford-Young’s own musical experiences, relationships, and his introduction to spirituality, yoga and philosophy at a young age, to create something uniquely its own. Phi-Psonics’ name and ultimate aim is to find ‘Phi’ – the golden mean – in art, nature and self

Originally from Washington DC area, Ford-Young moved to California in the early 90s and fell in love with the deep sounds of the upright bass and the music of Charles Mingus, John and Alice Coltrane, and Duke Ellington along with Bach, Chopin, Pärt, and Satie. He immersed himself deeply in music and keen to learn combined intense personal study with collaborations, tours, and recordings with artists such as Tom Waits, Beats Antique, and John Vanderslice. In 2010 he moved from the San-Francisco Bay area to the Los Angeles hills and continued his explorations. But great music is rarely just about music and Ford-Young’s meditative, soulful music draws on more than just the twin wellsprings of jazz and classical music

Probably not best served listening whilst driving around, probably should be sat doing summat transcendental. I can see myself chilling in the sun to this and probably will
Nice
:sunglasses:

1 Like

A Feather On The Breath of God
Abbess Hildegard of Bingen
Sung by Gothic Voices

Just beautiful

10 Likes

7 Likes

Osibisa – Woyaya
CD rip | 1971

12 Likes

I always thought it was Woyaya with a stylised ‘o’…but never owned a copy to check.
Great cover!

1 Like

Prompted by @patk

The brilliant Osibisa Sunshine Day

Greg Kofi Brown and band played my local intimate arts centre venue a while back before Covid shutdown. Great night and got to briefly chat during a break, lovely guy

7 Likes

Midnight Rocker - Horace Andy

Loving the Adrian Sherwood On U vibe + Andy voice combo.

1 Like

I thought so too, got the title from Discogs though. Fixed.

1 Like

You got it already. Have to admit to not being too taken by the 3 tracks I previewed on Tidal at the weekend, what say you?