What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

51l0hVC+k9L.AC

Dawn Penn - No, No, No.

And sometimes, only a classic choon will do … … … No, No, No … … … belter!

2 Likes

I think Adrian Sherwood & Gaudi give it a big lift. Liking it so far. I know Horace’s voice is meant to be the main draw, but I think what’s going on around him is key here.

It’s a good pressing, too. The SQ is excellent.

And one last thing, the instrumentation features a superb & unexpected use of cello on three tracks.

1 Like

Now playing…

Sarah Jane Morris & Antonio Forcione - Compared To What

Sarah Jane Morris (Vocals), Antonio Forcione (Guitars), Jenny Adejayan (Cello), David Pasqualini (Percussion), Martyn Barker (Percussion) and Henry Thomas (Acoustic Bass, Acoustic Bass Guitar, Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz… kicking off this Tuesday morning with Sarah Jane Morris and Antonio Forcione and they are sounding sublime! Well worth the time to give a listen with Sarah’s very fine vocals accompanied by Antonio’s wonderful acoustic guitar.

5 Likes

10 Likes

2020 - Aska // Slowgold

2 Likes

Airbag | All Rights Removed | 2011
Norwegian neo-prog rock and these Scandis’ do the genre really well.

7 Likes

Back To Back/Duke & Johnny Hodges Play The Blues

A 1959 session released in 1963.

8 Likes

Bill Charlap Trio All through the night / 1998 Criss Cross / Netherlands CD / 1153CD

Saw @IvdZ post this in the Jazz thread and remembered I had a copy of this fine CD!

3 Likes

The Classic Records issue of that is superb along with Side By Side :+1:

4 Likes

I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve heard the full album. The “reworking” of Safe From Harm for example imo doesnt do anything to better or add something different to the Massive Attack version, the other two tracks just struck me as a bit pedestrian for both Sherwood and Horace Andy, Mr’s Dread concurs, but maybe when we hear the bigger picture…
Enjoy
:heart:

1 Like

Sibelius En Saga
Rouvali and the Gothenburg Symphony
A quickie before tea.

3 Likes

Lovely stuff.

1 Like

Airbag | The Greatest Show On Earth | 2009
More from Airbag and a little sooner than I had thought as my server has lost a couple of tracks off the previous album.

9 Likes

Now playing…

India.Arie - Acoustic Soul

India.Arie (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Mark Batson (Bass, Drums, Fender Rhodes, Keyboards, Mellotron, Organ, Percussion,Synthesizer), John Catchings (Cello), Duane Covert (Vocals), Larry Goldings (Organ, Wurlitzer), Steve Grossman (Drums, Percussion), Tony Harrell (Keyboards), Kerisha Hicks (Vocals), Judeth Insel (Viola), Avery Johnson (Bass), Bashiri Johnson (Percussion), Doug Kahan (Bass), Terry MacMillan (Percussion), Blue Miller (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Bob Power (Bass, Guitar), Marlene Rice (Violin), Ralph Rolle (Drums), Joyce Simpson (Vocals), David Spak (Percussion), Laurnea Wilkerson (Vocals) and Nioka Workman (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning as I start up today’s exercise routine with India.Arie and she and the talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

12 Likes

The original Studio One recording or the later do over with Steely and Cleavie?

So pleased and relieved to have this back…shrink promptly opened, quickly RCM’d and plonked on the gramophone

1 Like

Such Winters of Memory

John Surman/Karin Krog/Pierre Favre (1983).

1 Like

13 Likes

2021 - Teresa James & The Rhythm Tramps // Rose-Tinted Glasses

2 Likes

Gregg Allman - Southern Blood

Gregg knew he was on the way out and what a way to go - beautiful album.

15 Likes