What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Pacific Range High Upon a Mountain

6 Likes

Fiona Apple, When the Pawn…
Genuinely pleasantly surprised by this. Well sung and played, moody and jazzy in parts. Poetic and melodic.

4 Likes

I recently bought this in a charity shop and beautiful it is as well

8 Likes

Oophoi - Time Fragments 6

1 Like

further rhythms from Vir Unis.
I also like Blood Machine

One of the few albums where I find the rhythms create a sense of stasis rather than forward movement - the internal movement of the blood etc.

3 Likes

Heard a track on Radio Paradise earlier… now streaming the album on Qobuz. Some very nice mellow guitar music for this morning’s listening. Hope the picture uploads correctly, my first attempt at this! Anyway, it’s a self titled album from Luca Stricagnoli.

7 Likes

Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Shout Sister Shout

11 Likes

Really in love with this one …

6 Likes

LP - Virgin 1975 : )

<>

Edgar Froese - mellotron, guitar and VCS 3 synthesizer on “Rubycon, Part One” ; organ, mellotron, guitar, gong and VCS 3 synththesizer on “Rubycon, Part Two”

Christopher Franke - double Moog synthesizer, Synthi A, organ, modified Elka organ and prepared piano on “Rubycon, Part One” ; double Moog synthesizer, gong, Synthi A, and organ on “Rubycon, Part Two”

Peter Baumann - organ, EMS Synthi A, electric piano (Fender Rhodes) and prepared piano on “Rubycon, Part One” ; electric piano (Fender Rhodes), organ, EMS Synthi A, voice and ARP 2600 on “Rubycon, Part Two”

Recorded in January 1975, at The Manor, Shipton-on-Cherwell

<<>>

Happy Birthday Christopher Franke!

born on 6th April 1953 in Berlin, Germany :de:

21 Likes

Jimmy “Duck” Holmes - Cypress Grove

6 Likes

And a great album title…

1 Like

Second day out of bed - first day back working & sat in front of pc - fingers trying to keep up typing with the beat…

Not a chance…

14 Likes

Aoife O’Donovan – Age of Apathy
CD rip | 2022

Have the 2CD release. Listening to the 2nd CD, which is acoustic versions of the songs.

7 Likes

Some This Mortal Coil to start the afternoon off…

6 Likes

‘The Cape Verdean Blues’ - The Horace Silver Quintet plus J.J. Johnson

9 Likes

Now playing-

8 Likes

Up - REM in a 5.1 mix

One of their best.

12 Likes

That is another nice title in the MMJ 33 series :+1:

1 Like

Arve Henriksen - Cartography

After a recommendation from @Lontano following a Nils Petter Molvær gig in my town, a few years ago.

4 Likes

Otis Taylor - My World Is Gone

6 Likes