What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

For Thalia Zedek mix together equal measures of Nico, Marianne Faithfull and Patti Smith with just a pinch of Tom Verlaine.

This EP has a lovely version of the Bob Dylan song You’re A Big Girl Now.

7 Likes

One more from Texas:

1991 Mothers Heaven

7 Likes

Tuesday night is Crimson night :grinning:

13 Likes

Oops, thanks @AndyP! :pray:

She looks like Floor here, enough of a reason.

It also sounds very nice and has songs I’ve not invested time in before which sound great too.

10 Likes

Did you get the 9 CD set @dav301 ?

Thanks, will check this out, lost track of her after Come.

1 Like

There’s an interesting back story to Martha Argerich’s ‘Debut Recital’ released by DGG.

Her actual first foray into a recording studio was to the famous Abbey Road for a recital of Chopin pieces made for/recorded by EMI in 1965. But some contract dispute then broke out between Argerich and EMI which prevented the release of that (EMI) recording and paved the way for the "Debut Recital’ on DGG, the cover of which you’ve shown.

Many years later, when Argerich was an established artist for DGG, the EMI recording was released. It’s out there on EMI, with emboldened text proclaiming ‘the legendary 1965 recording’. It’s well worth getting hold of a copy.

Ironically, Martha Argerich now records for…(you’ve guessed it) EMI!

3 Likes

Now playing…

Eberhard Weber - Once Upon A Time Live in Avignon

Eberhard Weber (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the noon hour with this release from November 11, 2021 which was originally recorded in August 1994. The opening track is simply marvelous… this is the second time taking this out for a spin and Eberhard is sounding sublime!

3 Likes

The Incredible string band. U
My favourite band you know.

13 Likes

And the last one from Texas that I own. Good night all.

Texas - 1999 The Hush

7 Likes

Shelby Lynne & Allison Moore, not dark yet. I think this is the only collaboration between the sisters. Hard to not reflect on the tragic story of this family, their childhood when listening to this.

13 Likes

Shelby Lynne, I can’t imagine. Sorry I couldn’t help but to play another Shelby Lynne. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Now playing…

Eberhard Weber - Silent Feet

Eberhard Weber (Bass), Rainer Brüninghaus (Piano, Synthesizer), Charlie Mariano (Soprano Saxophone, Flutes) and John Marshall (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the Noon hour as I start my exercise routine. Eberhard and the quartet are sounding sweet!

6 Likes

Never heard of her but from that description looks very interesting! Will check her out :+1:

1 Like

First listen to this his first solo release in 10 years and it’s sounding pretty good

Lindsey Buckingham - Lindsey Buckingham

6 Likes

81OQ6DbaJFL.SS500
Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - Swinging The Blues, Dancing The Ska, more blues than ska, but nevermind. Some lovely instrumentals.

5 Likes

Donald Byrd - The Cat Walk , Blue Note

Mostly written by Duke Pearson who also plays piano on this excellent early Donald Byrd record featuring some top draw mute playing on Side 1 not as good as the Mute Master Mr Miles Davis but it’s up there. Pepper Adams recorded a lot with Byrd around this period and the two sound just so good together.

13 Likes

Enjoying Jazz - WRTI 90.1 Jazz HD2 (Philadelphia, USA) on Internet Radio.
It was suggested by listener @opus on the Best Radio Anyone thread a while back.

Nice station and good SQ.

4 Likes

Rumer, Nashville tears. :relaxed:

12 Likes