What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

There are 6 versions of the recording. The one that Stevie got on cd was made from a copy by someone at Warners of the 30ips 1/4 inch tape. The first copies were supposedly all pulled by WB in the US but some leaked out however WB sneakly sent them to Europe for release over here. Check your cd’s if the matrix ends in 021 02 then it is an analogue copy so go out and buy another one. Stevie Wonder also got a copy of the mixes from a Sony PCM F1 as Nichols I believe had the first of those in the US.

2 Likes

Hi @ewemon see my post above (Number 1022) :+1:

I have two Target discs. One Japanese 32XD and the other is a Wesr German and the matrix ends in 021 03 which is a later version. I also have the DVD-A

1 Like

I think I’ve said this here before, but after my wife died it took me a while to feel I could listen to Magic and Loss, but when I did it was part of the healing process.

5 Likes

For Burke Shelley who sadly died today. I was in the audience for this one

5 Likes

12 Likes

Heritage Blues Orchestra - And Still I Rise

7 Likes

Donald Fagen | Sunken Condos | 2012
My apologies for arriving late to Mr. Fagen’s birthday party. :birthday:

16 Likes

Dido - No Angel

This might seem a bit plastic pop, but it’s rather enjoyable.

12 Likes

Now playing…

Thomas Strønen - Time is a Blind Guide – Lucus

Thomas Strønen (Drums), Ayumi Tanaka (Piano), Håkon Aase (Violin), Lucy Railton (Violoncello) and Ole Morten Vågan (Double Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with Thomas and this fabulous quintet and they are sounding sublime! A beautiful album and a wonderful way to ease into the day…

4 Likes

Donald Fagen | Nightfly | 1982
Coming up to its fortieth birthday, what a glorious sounding recording this is. My Audirvana+ analysis shows a DR of 18 and dynamic range of 6.5db.

17 Likes

Libby Titus -self titled from 1977.

4 Likes

Texas - 1989 Southside

Excellent Scottish rock, I bought the CD during a trip to Edinburgh in 1991.

11 Likes

On CD:-

41Xopt2VL6L._AC_1

Symphony No. 5

7 Likes

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou: Tours des oiseaux

Eleni Karaindrou (Piano), Dinos Hadjiiordanou (Accordion), Yannis Evangelatos (Bassoon), Argyro Seira (Concertmaster), Stella Gadedi (Flute), Maria Bildea (Harp), Stefanos Dorbarakis (Kanun), Sokratis Sinopoulos (Lyre, Lute), Aris Dimitriadis (Mandolin), Nikos Paraoulakis (Ney), Vangelis Christopoulos (Oboe), Giorgos Kontoyannis (Percussion, Lyre), Alexandros Botinis (Violoncello) and Savina Yannatou (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this morning with Eleni with a wonderful & talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! …a beautiful album.

1 Like

Can’t even imagine what that felt like.

1 Like

Destroyer - Poison Season. I’ve not played this for a bit, as I tend to get drawn to their album before this, Kaputt, but listening to it now I think I’ll be playing it more often.

5 Likes

Got to be a Budgie evening. R.I.P Mr Shelly

8 Likes

Time for some Frappage. This is on SACD, sounding awesome musically AND sonically. HUGE bass on this one.

17 Likes

The Hoax | Recession Blues | 2014
@ewemon Played this yesterday I’m belatedly going along with the flow, a very fine British blues band IMO who sadly never made it.

3 Likes