What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

That’s queued up for tomorrow.

1 Like

Jeff Buckley - Grace. Can’t believe he died just shy of 25 years ago. He should be a 55-year-old veteran, not frozen in amber as a 30-year-old wunderkind.

16 Likes
2 Likes

I also keep the old sleeves if they are interesting, etc. Many of them are full of ads for more records.

Once I clean the vinyl and put a new sleeve on I simply stuff the original old sleeve in the cover.

3 Likes

A selection of music that I listened to earlier today, all of which I consider to be exceptional and well worth a listen for fans of Progressive Metal. From top down and left to right:

1. Thought Industry - Mods Carve the Pig (1993) :us:
  2. Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime (1988) :us:
  3. Therion - Theli (1996) :sweden:
  4. Shadow Gallery - Tyranny (1998) :us:
  5. Myrath - Tales of the Sands (2011) :tunisia:
  6. Savatage - Edge of Thorns (1993) :us:
  7. Abydos - The Little Boy’s Heavy Mental Shadow Opera (2004) :de:
  8. Circle of Illusion - Jeremias: Foreshadow… Realms (2013) :austria:
  9. Adagio - Underworld (2003) :fr:
  10. Voyager - I Am the Revolution (2009) :australia:
  11. Shaman - Ritual (2002) :brazil:
  12. Diablo Swing Orchestra - Sing Along Songs (2009) :sweden:

The standouts from this list are possibly numbers 1, 2, 3 and 12 which are absolutely amazing :relaxed:

@davidng Sarah Slean :wink:

3 Likes

13 Likes

Antonio Forcione Dedicato / 1996 naim / Austria CD / naimcd013

10 Likes

Kicking off the Easter long weekend with the brilliant Sarathy Korwar and Upaj Collective and the Night Dreamer direct to disc recording. Sublime!

4 Likes

The list of great British female singers - June Tabor, Shirley Collins, Sandy Denny, Norma Waterson sometimes don’t even come close to Anne Briggs.

From 1971 the self-titled Anne Briggs

7 Likes

Will Gregory from the imperious Goldfrapp being interviewed on 6Music now

2 Likes

To be played loud!

13 Likes

For all of those into doom-metal, Darker has released her second album, “The Buried Storm”. I’ve had a couple of listens this evening, and it’s a bit more subtle (and less metal) than her first album, but still very good.

2 Likes

Love this album, and one of the leading tracks, ‘Crucify your Mind’ seems somewhat apt for Good Friday.

6 Likes

Not woken up yet apparently - it’s this one I’m listening to (Roll the Bones).

11 Likes

A couple of trax off the new Stones set due out June 10th

8 Likes

Chet Baker in Bologna, 1992

We wish a very good Easter to All!

4 Likes

Sault - Air.

If you have heard any of their previous work I will not make any further comment. If you have not heard any of their previous work I highly encourage you to listen to some, as well as this album.

Downloaded today, LP due in the winter, at which point it will be quite the antidote to the early frosts. 8)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Ha! I won’t regret it as I’ve since realised I did finally buy Lubbock (on everything) last year but forgot! I think I’ve only managed to listen to it once so far, so I’m giving it a spin now. At least I remembered before buying it again, which is something I’ve done in the past with other albums.

4 Likes

4 Likes