What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

911KgvKL2BL.SS500
Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - Sirens Of Song.

7 Likes

LP - A&M Records/CBS 1981 : )

With the relative disappointment of her previous album, Live and Learn, A&M decided to release a compilation of her biggest hits and newly recorded material aimed firmly at the middle of the road audience. The new material was produced by Elton John’s producer Gus Dudgeon. Pearls peaked at #2 staying in the charts for 79 weeks.
Pearls remains Brooks’ biggest selling album.

<<>>

From yesterday’s shopping venture, pulled this pearl out of the 50p bargain bucket that was just outside the 2nd hand tat shop…

The vinyl has cleaned up like new, had to re-glue the cover back together, and treat the record to a new poly-paper inner-sleeve.

My first listen to an Elkie Brook’s album and i very impressed :grinning:

11 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

Not played in a while.

7 Likes

Some of todays listening.

8 Likes

Refined playing, one of my more favorite version of this piece

7 Likes

Now playing…

Ayumi Tanaka Trio - Subaqueous Silence

Ayumi Tanaka (Piano), Christian Meaas Svendsen (Double Bass) and Per Oddvar Johansen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on the afternoon with the Ayumi Tanako Trio’s beautiful album released this past October. …and this trio is sounding mighty sweet!

5 Likes

Next to Diana Krall in my collection is Diamanda Galas.

5 Likes

Never a dull moment here.

Prepare Thyself To Deal With A Miracle - Rahsaan Roland Kirk

6 Likes

Now playing…

Mats Eilertsen - And Then Came The Night

Mats Eilertsen (Double Bass), Harmen Fraanje (Piano) and Thomas Strønen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon as I start up today’s exercise routine with this fantastic trio and they are sounding sublime! …a beautiful album, just love the opening track ‘22.’ Well worth the time to give a listen…

3 Likes

I’m checking my shelves when I get home…how did you manage to get in?!

I’ll have to get a dog.

1 Like

514kVF4ssUL.AC
Frank Sinatra and Sextet - Live In Paris, a pleasant selection of songs in the setlist.

6 Likes

Damogen Furies - Squarepusher

As intensely rewarding as Rahsaan Roland Kirk.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Mark Eilertsen - Rubicon

Mats Eilertsen (Double Bass), Eirik Hegdal (Soprano and Baritone Saxophones, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet), Thomas T Dahl (Guitar), Rob Waring (Marimba, Vibraphone), Harmen Fraanje (Piano, Fender Rhodes), Olavi Louhivuori (Drums) and Trygve Seim (Tenor- and Soprano Saxophones).

Streaming on Qobus (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with another album from Mats Eilertsen as I finish up today’s exercise routine. It has been awhile since I have had ‘Rubicon’ out for a spin and Matt and this very talented group of musicians are sounding sweet!

4 Likes
8 Likes

More Yoko…Kiss Kiss Kiss and Everyman Everywoman picture disc 45.

Fab pop art pop…

Followed by the one and only: effervescent Can.

6 Likes

Dylan Highway 61 Revisited

19 Likes

Sticking with the highway theme, Lucinda Williams The Ghosts of Highway 20

22 Likes

Goldfrapp, number 1. Sorry to the rest of the world. Work week is done for me down under. Weekend here I come! :sunglasses:

10 Likes