What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I think you have hit the nail on the head! I look forward to listening to their new album.

1 Like

I personally think the previous untitled or eponymous one was incredibly good, I’ve only listened to Zeit via AirPods at the computer so far - everyone else has gone out, now might be time to ‘fire up the Quattro’ so to speak.

1 Like

Calexico - El Mirador
CD|2022

9 Likes

I have always liked David Sylvian music……this has popped up a few times recently, not in my collection. Bought a cd of it and ripped……great music for his fans.

14 Likes

‘Duran Duran’ - Duran Duran

Cracking debut album. And somehow they managed to surpass it with their follow up ‘Rio’.

11 Likes

Kate Bush - Never for Ever - 1980

23 Likes
7 Likes

The more I listen the more I like - which is exactly what happens with a late talk talk album I recall.

3 Likes

‘Odds and Sods’ - The Who. Abbey Road half speed master on coloured vinyl.

Given to me as a gift last year, which brought an instant smile to my face. I particularly like the opening track ‘Postcard’ by John Entwistle, especially the sound effects.

13 Likes

Thanks for the reminder! @Isca_Dumnoniorum :+1:

11 Likes

Loved her first Album and then felt the sound went “too big” for her delicate voice. This one is a return to the right balance. Not bad for a local lass from my home town of Lymington.

8 Likes

Containing the great “Long Live Rock”, thankfully it was included here and didn’t fall through the cracks. I seem to remember it featured in the movie “That’ll be The Day”, perfomed by Billy Fury?

2 Likes

I don’t have that on vinyl - several CD copies. Got to get it!

1 Like

41Fn7m-IfGL.UX250_FMwebp_QL85
The Crusaders ’ Finest Hour.

4 Likes

There are so many good tracks on this album. It is a testament to how prolific and inventive Townsend was that these didn’t get a wider airing at the time they were recorded.

1 Like

If you enjoy Townshend’s songs it is well worth checking out his Scooped series of releases. These contain Who and solo material in demo form. The thing is, Townshend’s demos are fully formed performances and bear repeated listening. Great stuff.

1 Like

Amazing aren’t they? The deluxe CD edition of ‘Quadrophenia’ has some fabulous Townsend demos included. Mind you, my priority is obtaining a good vinyl copy of this album. My copy is, frankly, unlistenable. Very poor quality re-press.

1 Like

<<>>

:sunglasses: :metal:

6 Likes

‘Quadrophenia’ - The Who

Enjoying the Zoot Suits tonight via the CD ‘Delux Edition’ - a rare occasion where CD sounds better than vinyl on my system. ‘Love Reign O’er Me’ sounding immense.

17 Likes

Yes - Time and a Word

Early progressive rock. Great stuff though.

14 Likes