What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

51piLBdmHXL.AC
Sade - Diamond Life.

25 Likes

‘Odessey & Oracle’ – The Zombies

This double CD contains the complete mono and stereo recordings of the album with the singles and the complete unreleased ‘RIP’ album.

It’s a beautiful album, and quintessentially English - tracks like the delicate ‘A Rose for Emily’ contrast with the dark and sinister ‘Butcher’s Tale (Western Front)’. A band at their peak - and they decided to pack it in after this. Remarkable!

It is also sounding fabulous on this format. Who needs vinyl?

12 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Layla Revisited

CD.

A new twist on old certainties.

5 Likes

Tom Tom Club - 1981

15 Likes

Milos - Blackbird: The Beatles Album.

1 Like

Billie Eilish, happier than ever. I have problems hearing her lyrics but after deciding to give this a proper listen it has gotten much easier. Do love people who write their own materials. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Just finished -

Brand new album from my absolute favourite country artist. This lady just doesn’t do bad records. Smart, funny, world weary country pop/rock played by a brilliant band and superbly produced.

Followed by -

Listened to this on the headphones last night so giving it a whirl on the hifi now. Charming, graceful, relaxing, soothing music - NOT, it’s flippin RAMMSTEIN, love it!

8 Likes

Amy Winehouse, Frank. :relaxed:

12 Likes

Their first and still their best, IMHO.
Free Tons Of Sobs 1968

14 Likes

Judy Collins, in my life. I do love wind instruments (and strings too). A new old sound I miss. :relaxed:

Thank you @Anonymoot for jogging memory. :+1:

5 Likes
1 Like

Gotta love David Axelrod.

Not really a Prunes album at all!

Electric Prunes Release Of An Oath UK first, flipback.

3 Likes

Judy Collins, maids and golden apple. Not enough of Judy Collins so here it is. And cheating with this which is really two albums in one. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Worth playing just for the opening track. But what a wonderful collection. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

On any Sunday…

Miles Davis Quintet - 1998 Miles Smiles (recorded 1966-67).

10 Likes

‘The Phantom’ - Duke Pearson

Accompanied by Sunday papers and coffee - perfect.

5 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La

13 Likes

Steve Wright’s Love Songs - Fantastic :sunglasses:

1 Like

41+99ME9RQL.UX250_FMwebp_QL85
Jimmy Smith’s Finest Hour.

2 Likes

just noted that sky arts is showing some live music from Ludovico einaudi on 5th May at 7.40am

1 Like