What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

The Beatles - Revolver.

28 Likes

Sunday mornings seem made for music…

1 Like

Sounding excellent so far.

I loved The Police when at school but find it odd that I never bought any singles or LPs back in the day. I have a couple of secondhand LPs I’ve not listened to in a while but recently purchased the half speed mastered greatest hits:

One of those rare occasions these days when I can honestly say that I’m hearing the tracks as I’ve never heard them before, simply because I mainly remember listening on the radio or watching the videos.

Percussion/cymbals sounding especially nice.

10 Likes

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water.

24 Likes

The John Coltrane Quartet Plays…

This was released between Crescent and A Love Supreme, but I don’t have it in my collection, so I’m currently checking it out on Qobuz. From the first few minutes of Chim Chim Cheree, with JC on soprano sax, I realise it’s an essential must have album. Some exciting playing!

8 Likes

15 Likes

There is something amazing about three blind mice. I now have many of their cds and there is something about the bass.

3 Likes

51%2BaT%2BfQDGL.AC
Tedeschi Trucks Band - Revelator.

13 Likes

61UmjLZ5zeL.SX425
Rolling Stones Brussells Affair Definitive Edition.

4 Likes

On original vinyl.

Hmmm, not a patch on Rapture and sounds dreadfully compressed/lacking dynamics compared to The Police preceding it.

6 Likes

That’s better….

EMI Fame vinyl copy.

18 Likes

John Coltrane - Africa/Brass (Tidal/Impulse 1962)

Apparently very underated when it was first released. I think its a superb album and a pity imo he didnt record more like this.

Be nice to see this getting re issued in the Acoustic Sounds vinyl series

:heart:

10 Likes

No reasons needed :joy:

17 Likes

‘Larks’ Tongues in Aspic’ – King Crimson

10 Likes

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Playing the rip of the CD layer of the SACD release, which introduced this image. I remember where I was when I first heard the album and who introduced it to me and cannot guess how many time she played the first minute or so before I finally heard it. What a splendid album it was and still is though.

23 Likes

Chopin Vinyl. Enjoying. Half watching Football on TV.

s-l500

4 Likes

Now playing-

8 Likes

7 Likes

It’s that time again for some more JT…

This is the 2011 Steven Wilson remix, it sounds grand but I don’t have a reference to the original.
Still really enjoy it!!

20 Likes

Now playing…

Mathias Eick - The Door

Mathias Eick (Trumpet, Guitar, Vibraphone), Jon Balke (Piano, Fender Rhodes), Audun Erlien (Electric Bass, Guitar), Audun Kleive (Drums, Percussion) and Stian Carstensen (Pedal Steel Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with Mathias’s “The Door” and Mathias and his quintet are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

3 Likes