What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Yumi Zouma – Truth Or Consequences
CD|2020

Indie pop. First listen. A few tracks in and enjoying it so far.

1 Like

Alvvays - Alvvays
CD|2013

Indie rock. Have not listened to in a while.

1 Like

First play…

On vinyl, 2021 RSD Reissue… :sunglasses: :grinning: :notes:

11 Likes

On Vinyl:

11 Likes

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes:

15 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

16 Likes

11 Likes

Some Bach transciptions on a 6 CD DG boxset : Göran Söllscher

The Auralic is on a long weekend holiday with us and of course the chrome bumper amps 42/110 from my youth :smile: and wharfedale diamond 220s (thanks Geoff for two great suggestions :wink: ). I am amazed how enjoyable this all sounds on such a simple system, in a great room with excellent mains of course. It just oozes with consistency whatever one plays

3 Likes

Light pasta dish, sprinkling of salad leaves, glass of red, sunshine and this.

15 Likes

3 Likes

C’mon Liverpool!!

26 Likes

Just downloaded from Bandcamp

5 Likes

1st run

2 Likes

Another 50-cent pickup - this one is actually the 1962 mono version, but not to worry, the notation on the cover assures that: “this recording is scientifically designed to play with the highest quality of reproduction on the phonograph of your choice. If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity…with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future.”

In very good shape, and my album cover is in much better condition than this image.

4 Likes

11 Likes

1 Like

Roy Harper - Loony on the Bus - original vinyl
Styles varying from his complex folk/folk-rock persona to punk and hard rock, tender ballads and angry rockers. As ever with Harper the lyrics are intelligent and thought-provoking, the tunes complex and beautiful, fine playing including the great Henry McCullough on guitar.
I have no idea when I last played this, probably back in the ‘90s as I usually grab other albums of his when I listen to him, it’s well worth a listen and it’ll get more plays now.

7 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut - Original vinyl
This came out when I was a student, I played it heavily, later loved the thought that the scary world it described had gone, ah those peaceful times. Great album, very Waters thematically, powerful songs and great playing by the whole band.

23 Likes

I bought it when I was at school and always had a love/hate thing going on, bit more towards ‘love’ in recent years. Still gets a good few plays though … just not as much as their earlier offerings.

2 Likes

The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! - WAV CD rip
Great American folk-rock, some of Dylan’s great early songs and self-penned numbers performed by a band with great musicianship and heavenly harmonies.
From a fantastic value box-set that came out a few years back.

13 Likes