What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Charles Bradley Featuring The Sounds Of Menahan Street Band – No Time For Dreaming
CD|2011

Soul. First listen, enjoying so far.

8 Likes

Listening to the Glastonbury recording for a similar reason, and while the clarity of that later recording, or of “Keys to Ascension” is better than Yessongs, they don’t match the same feeling of being there at the time, in the moment, when the music was fresh and the energy and emotion were just more raw.

2 Likes

On Vinyl:

11 Likes

The Soul Of John Black – The Soul Of John Black
CD|2003

Funk / Soul

4 Likes

On 45rpm vinyl…:notes::sunglasses::grin:

26 Likes

Milos Karadaglic. Having seen him again live last night, playing a Classical and Spanish repertoire, I thought I would play this which includes more contemporary stuff. A wonderful player.

“The album features both classical guitar repertoire and Milos’ interpretation of The Sound of Silence, Portisheads’ Sour Times, Skylar Grey’s Moving Mountains, Radiohead’s Street Spirit and Leonard Cohen’s Pale Blue Raincoat.”

5 Likes

Songs:Ohia - Mi sei apparso come un fantasma

Live recorded in Italy,hence the title. Only Italian about it.
If you like Neil Young and Crazy Horse you should try this one.

1 Like

A friend popped around today with a collection of LPs from his loft - he no longer has a turntable.

First up was ‘Go On’ by Mr Mister, their third and final album, from 1987. Production is excellent - really punchy. Had this back in the day - an overlooked gem in my opinion.

And a whole lot more to get through in the next few days - here’s a selection…

10 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I played this from my Queen collection. Freddie & the boys are on good form!

8 Likes

2 Likes

Another monaural acquisition from thrift shops:

I would have gone to this concert but couldn’t find a cab that would take a 4-month-old…

2 Likes

Toad The Wet Sprocket - fear

Bit of a gem from 1991 - kind of reminds me a bit of Crowded House, Del Amitri or a Crash Test Dummies album. Some upbeat easy listening for a Sunday Night.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Alexander “Skip” Spence - Oar.

Co-founder of Moby Grape, and associated with a few other acts, Spence made just this one solo album. It’s a challenging, odd, lovable album, tinged with sadness and tragedy.

5 Likes

I understand this completely. Live recordings from ‘back in the day’ have ‘something’, that tangible feeling of being there in the seventies feeling the atmosphere of history in the making ……Later UFO live CDs compared with ‘Strangers In The Night’, Live Steve Hackett work (really excellent though it is) compared with ‘Second’s Out’, later live Brand X compared with ‘Livestock’, the list goes on…I still enjoy the modern day live retrospective work but perhaps for a different reason.

1 Like

Last one for tonight:
Aynsley Dunbar - To Mum from Aynsley and the Boys.

6 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

19 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

8 Likes

1 Like

1 Like