What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Christy Moore - On The Road - release vinyl
The great Irish folkie’s “greatest hits”, in this case recorded at multiple gigs across 3 years of tours, backing ranging from full bands to his wonderful duo with his friend and master guitarist Declan Sinnott. Excellent covers and fine self-penned/trad-arr numbers provide a fantastic introduction to Christy live gigs or a reminder of how great they are. Brilliant collection by arguably the greatest influence on the Irish folk scene over the last half century, it’s a blast, I’m clapping along with the choruses in my lounge.

8 Likes

North Mississippi Allstars – Hernando
CD rip | 2008

Blues rock.

4 Likes

The Oscar Peterson Trio - On The Town.

4 Likes

Led Zeppelin, IV. It’s freezing in Mebourne, Australia this morning. Need something to get me going. :relaxed:

31 Likes

Linda Lewis, Rock a Doodle Do-o. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Another mono thrift store acquisition:

9 Likes

There is a hybrid sacd version of Red Meat out there Dave which I have a copy of and posted the cover on the forum a few times. You should also look out for his very first album entitled Blue Eyed Monster which is excellent as well. Mind you copies of it go for serious money. Maybe I will seel you mine. :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Mind you, the Hey Joe sacd is fifty squid everywhere. :flushed::flushed:

6 Likes

especially for you-

10 Likes

On CD to my headphones.

25 Likes

Derek and The Dominos - The Layla Sessions, whilst this record is known to be a less than audiophile quality recording, my newly acquired CDX2 is beautifully sifting through the many layers of instruments and it’s joy to hear.

20 Likes

Two from this morning…Vinyl.

DONOVAN_GOLDEN+HOUR+OF+DONOVAN+-+1ST+-+EX-2897851

THE_BYRDS_HISTORY+OF+THE+BYRDS+-+1ST-1830261

10 Likes
3 Likes

51Gzch3-6wL.AC
Paul McCartney - Choba B CCCP.

4 Likes

26 Likes

Prompted by the Ziggy thread,40th Anniversary edition,sounding great.

26 Likes

Split Enz,Mental Notes.

5 Likes

Madonna - Greatest Hits Volume 2.

7 Likes

Something cheerful and uplifting to go with making the bunting… Tom McRae, whose gigs have been likened to a cross between a funeral and a stand-up show.

3 Likes