What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Mary Chapin Carpenter, stones in the road. :relaxed:

16 Likes

51cfR1cqvOL.AC
Miles Davis - Miles In The Sky.

12 Likes

Another 50-cent mono pickup; I grabbed this because when I was a kid, my parents had some old 78s in the basement, one of which was Harry James’ “You Made Me Love You.” I used to play the heck out of those records on our old Zenith record changer. This one is in excellent shape, with almost no surface noise.

4 Likes

On cd into headphones.

26 Likes

Emmylou Harris, roses in the snow. :relaxed:

14 Likes

12 Likes

7 Likes

This is very chilled and laid back modern jazz from Gondwana Records, the Matthew Halsall label. A good way to start the Jubilee long weekend with some purple vinyl

2 Likes

7 Likes

Viktoria Mullova - Beethoven/Mendelssohn Violin Concertos - WAV CD rip
Deeply insightful performances of these two wonderful works, the orchestra are superb under Gardiner and Mullova brings out the complexity, the serenity and the joy of the works.

4 Likes

Footnotes on the Map by Jessie Buckley and Bernard Butler. This is the lead single from the forthcoming album by the actor Jessie Buckley and the former Suede guitarist Bernard Butler. I saw them on Later with Jools last week and thought they were just brilliant. Fabulous SQ

1 Like

And now a rave from the grave from the early 90’s - Bang by World Party. Perfect Beatles-esque pop

9 Likes

On CD to headphones……

18 Likes

9 Likes

Jackie Leven & Ian Rankin - Jackie Leven said - WAV CD rip
Recorded live (Sir) Ian Rankin tells a poignant funny story in a really musical speaking voice, the sections are interspersed with Jackie Leven songs. CD2 has them chatting with each other for a few minutes and then more Jackie songs. Leven was a genuinely great singer-songwriter, this set is a joy, the chat is hilarious, the story moving and the music great.

(Rankin tells a funny story about the tour this is from, Leven asked him what he wanted for his rider. Rankin had no clue as writers don’t get riders, so he asked Leven to order his as well as Leven’s own. They got to the first show and there was a load of stuff in Jackie’s half of the dressing room and nothing in Ian’s, then a backstage guy turned up with a haggis. Rankin got an uncooked haggis at each venue. :grinning:)

7 Likes

Sky Islands
Back in 1977 I was working for a presentation company who landed a job for EMI, they sent a box of sample LPs and afterwards I was able to nab a copy of this. Sky Islands by a band called Caldera. The pressing wasn’t brilliant but the music was. I recently found out that it had been re-issued on CD and so ripped it onto my server. Still brilliant but now wonderful quality through my NDX2. The band also launched the career of Dianne Reeves who re-recorded it with lyrics. Also brilliant.

2 Likes

11 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be ( Super Deluxe ), listening to the disc entitled Get Back - rehearsals and Apple jams.

20 Likes

11 Likes

14 Likes