What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Bowie Scary Monsters

24 Likes

Hi @adeypoos yes your right imo to avoid the RVG remasters
:+1:

Tears For Fears - The Hurting (1983)

New album on the way from Roland and Curt so I’m going back to the beginning… great memories (even if they fade) :blush:

14 Likes

Been catching up with my brother over the weekend about the sad loss of Burke Shelley from Budgie last week. He reminded me of this appearance by Budgie on TOGWT in 1975. If you are not familiar, or need reminding, of what a brilliant power trio they were then check this out

7 Likes

Frankie Miller - Full House

9 Likes

Anyone tried streaming Bruckner’s Symphony No. 8 by Berliner Philharmoniker, and conductor Herbert von Karajan on Qobuz.

The tracks are:-
1 Symphony No. 8, in C Minor, WAB 108 II: IV. Finale, feierlich, nicht schnell
2 Symphony No. 8, in C Minor, WAB 108 II: III. Adagio - Feierlich langsam, doch nicht schleppend
3 Symphony No. 8, in C Minor, WAB 108 II: II. Scherzo - Allegro moderato
4 Symphony No. 8, in C Minor, WAB 108 II: I. Allegro moderato.

It’s a new way of listening.

2 Likes

Robin Trower / Maxi Priest / Livingstone Brown - United State of Mind.

One from last year, this unlikely combination of musicians actually produce a beautiful soulful, relaxing vibe.

Belter!

9 Likes

Gordon Lightfoot - Solo

11 Likes

<For some reason I can’t upload images…>

Richard & Linda Thompson - Pour Down Like Silver

Why? Well, mostly because I watched some of Ricky Gervais’s After Life series 3 and a piece reminded me of Dimming of the Day.

7 Likes

Jan Garbarek - In Praise of Dreams

A moody contrast to a bright, sunny afternoon.

4 Likes

Al Stewart - Time Passages

I’ve enjoyed the music of Al Stewart since I was introduced to him whist at university. On this album I particularly like the track entitled The Palace of Versailles.

16 Likes

J.J. Cale - Shades

18 Likes

7 Likes

Jackson Browne - Downhill From Everywhere

14 Likes

Tom Petty Full Moon Fever / 1989 MCA / US CD / MCAD6253

tpettyFullMoonFever

25 Likes

Single off the forthcoming new album

4 Likes

The 2-CD “Special Edition” of The Frapp’s Felt Mountain, complete with all manner of extra goodies. You can never have too much Goldfrapp!

17 Likes

Karl Jenkins - The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace - Qobuz

After the Rutter Magnificat at the end of November, last week we started practicing for The Armed Man. Our conductor did admit that the Rutter was more challenging than he had remembered from 10 years previously. A bit of an understatement!This most famous work of Karl Jenkins is much easier to count the beats.

Well worth a listen and for anyone near enough to mid Gloucestershire you might like to come to our performance.

Phil

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, Kossoff is on it somewhere?

1 Like

Bob Marley. Mid 80s Vinyl. I was still living with my Parents when I bought this, I remember driving my Dad nuts playing it all the time.

23 Likes