What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

PJ Harvey - 1992 Dry

Part of my education from this forum.

10 Likes

Anyone wanting an introduction to the American troubadour John Mellencamp’s back catalogue won’t go far wrong with this double cd greatest hits

John Mellencamp - Words And Music

New album Strictly A One Eyed Jack out this Friday with a couple of duets with the Boss as part of the track list so should be a good listen

9 Likes

UK first press vinyl (acquired earlier today). It’s not the equal of its illustrious predecessor Parallel Lines but there’s more than enought of interest here, including three monster hits.

21 Likes

Cleveland, Ohio USA here, I believe this was his biggest (if not only) American fanbase city.

Teenage Rebellious Anthems of my youth
Seen him and met him, a pinnacle of my young life.

1 Like

Second dip into the War box set…

:heart:

7 Likes

On Vinyl - First Pressing:-

Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn

17 Likes

What do you think of it @Dreadatthecontrols? I think the set as a whole is very good.

1 Like

Bob Dylan, Blonde on Blonde. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

17 Likes

Absolutely fantastic!
Only the second title I’ve played but loving it so far, hope I dont speak too soon so far the pressings are perfect, totally silent not one tick, non fill nothing. Coloured vinyl and Optimal (who have been on a bit of a downward quality wise of late) initially put me off but I’m glad I took the punt. Great SQ too and for £77 (Juno) a bit of a bargain, puts many so called “audiophile” pressings to shame.
The music ain’t all that bad either, I needed this!

2 Likes

Now playing…

The Finn Brothers - Everyone is Here

Neil Finn (Banjo, Bass, Guitar, Guitar Loops, Piano, Tambourine, Vocals), Tim Finn (Acoustic Guitar, Hammond Organ, Percussion, Piano, Tambourine, Vocals), Jon Brion (Banjo, Drum Fills, Drums, 12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harmonium, Organ, Percussion), Matt Chamberlain (Drums), James Crabb (Accordion), Davey Faragher (Bass, Bass Guitar), Mitchell Froom (Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Miles Golding (Violin), Don McGlashan (Euphonium), Sebastian Steinberg (Bass Guitar), Pete Thomas (Drums), Tony Visconti (Cello, Double Bass, Mandolin, Throat Singing) and Neil Watson (Lap Steel Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this morning with the ‘Finn Brothers’. The album was mentioned above by @Pete_the_painter and the music is sounding mighty fine!

14 Likes

Los Lobos - Native Sons
CD|2021

9 Likes

Yes he is and also Mick Ralphs.

1 Like

I would add to anyone, if you like War, spin vinyl and dont have clean originals then you also need this, grab it while you can

2 Likes

UK first press vinyl from almost 45 years ago!

28 Likes

Just been reminded that the last time the band I was in at college played was my 21st Birthday party - now over 45 years ago. Provided we weren’t bottled off the bandstand, we always finished with One More Saturday Night. My pedestrian bass playing would have made Phil Lesh weep. So listening to how it should sound - The Dead Europe 72.

13 Likes

11 Likes

The Beat - Wha’ppen? (Go Feet 1981)

I just love this album, have a deep attachment to it and brings back fond memories (a few sad ones too) every time.

The second and best Beat album imo. Strong lyrically, musically and Saxa’s lovely tone plays all over this album. Doors Of Your Heart also features Cedric Myton of The Congos

6 Likes

The fabulous 2020 double-disc Deluxe Edition of Bobbie Gentry’s The Delta Sweete. Stunning!

13 Likes

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall - Salute to the Sun (Live at Hallé St. Peter’s Mcr.)

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Matt Cliffe (Flute, Saxophone), Maddie Herbert (Harp), Gavin Barras (Bass), Liviu Gheorghe (Piano), Alan Taylor (Drums) and Jack McCarthy (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… as I am about to start today’s exercise routine I am continuing on this morning with Matthew and his fantastic & talented group of musicians with his latest album released in December, 2021. …and they are sounding sublime! Simply beautiful…

9 Likes

Always remember my cousin playing Rattus to me when it came out. One of his mates was in Slaughter & the Dogs, a right scary bunch!

1 Like