What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Public Image Ltd. Metal box.
Saw them live in Manchester. All bar facilities were closed and we were herded to our seats by keen Security.
Don’t remember concert except John Lydon saying we could all perform better than him but we were just too f#@&=“g lazy.
Left early. Terrible atmosphere.

This album tremendous bass and drums.

13 Likes

Ah… the sleek and shiny CD PiL…my original vinyl box is pretty worn, nay, battle scarred…

But on the back of my CD version:

Sick squid! Now that’s VFM!

3 Likes

Backwards.
And according to label Digital Planet the genre is Pop, so are Beethoven and Mahler.
But you can buy it for £1.99 (Berlin Philharmonic and Herbert von Karajan) !
You just have to sort out the track order on most/all their albums.

Now playing…

Tomasz Stańko - Lontano

Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double-Bass) and Michal Miskiewicz (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16) …continuion on through the noon hour with Tomasz and his beautiful and talented quartet and they are sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

Bobbie Gentry, patchwork. :relaxed:

10 Likes

Mekons - Exquisite - Launch day vinyl
New release from the collective (I missed the download that was apparently available in 2020), recorded remotely during lockdown. Each band member recorded their bits on whatever they had to hand (Sally Timms sang into her IPhone), swapped them via email and WhatsApp and then brought them together into this album. To quote the album sticker “fiddle tunes, digi-dub, fireside ballads and urgent rock and roll”. Like any Mekons album it sounds chaotic at times, yet is powerful, compelling and eccentrically surrealistically beautiful.

4 Likes

Katie Melua, album no.8. I have gotten used to starting from track 2 and finishing with track 1. :relaxed:

7 Likes

Johnny Cash, At Folsom Prison. CD.

20 Likes

Christy Moore - Flying into Mystery - release vinyl
Recent release from the great Irish folkie, and it’s his typical blend of humour and deep emotion, another top-class folk album.

9 Likes

Goldfrapp, seventh tree. Was playing caravan girl but then thought might as well play full album. Seventh tree it shall be. :relaxed:

14 Likes

Mekons - Deserted - original vinyl
Another chunk of punk-dub-folk-country anarchy, haunting songs themed loosely around deserts, ballads through to chaotic rockers.

5 Likes

Starting a Tuesday with Neko Case Fox Confessor Brings the Flood

7 Likes

Now playing…

Christy Moore - Flying Into Mystery

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @Eoink above had me reach out and select this fabulous album from Christy Moore and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet! …a lovely album to sit back with a sandwich and a cup of coffee after finishing today’s workout.

10 Likes

Found this 4 cd bootleg during a recent clearout. Can’t even remember buying it, certainly haven’t listened to it. Pretty good so far :notes: :black_heart:

4 Likes

Paul Weller - Stanley Road.

18 Likes

SNH500

6 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

6 Likes