What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Double LP of Lee’s time as a record mogul, running LHI (Lee Hazlewood Industries). Fabulous stuff.

3 Likes

1 Like

This 2019 and eighth album release from Elbow passed me by first time around so giving this recent purchase a blast now

Elbow - Giants Of All Sizes

First impressions are that dare I say it it sounds a bit progy or a little disjointed at times, anyway it’s still Elbow so might take a few listens to get into

11 Likes

Pete Townshend - Live, a recording of a benefit concert back in '99.

5 Likes

Like John Peel did with ‘Teenage Kicks’ by The Undertones on Radio 1 all those years ago (25th. September 1978). I was listening to ‘Hotel California’ by The Eagles this afternoon and felt like doing the same thing!

2 Likes

Me too … since the cricket finished. How renegade is that?

Ah’ve always said it … … … … ye jist cannae beat live music! :+1:

1 Like

A few trax off this up and coming album.

1 Like

A number of trax .

2 Likes

2 Likes

Free - Live!

This has been attracting some attention on here lately, so I thought I’d better join the party. This is the first time I’ve ever heard it (playing the extended version on Qobuz). What fun it must have been to have seen Free in 1970. Still, if I turn up the volume and close my eyes…

15 Likes

4 Likes

It wis, an’ then there wis Jimi, The Oo’ an’ Rory Gallagher an’ aw, on yon island, ken.

Them wis the days, ah kin tell ye. :scotland:

4 Likes

You’re so “wight” Dave :grinning:

1 Like

Aye, @AlanP , an’ if thair wis evir ony doubt, Ah really am that old!

(Doin’ the Beeb Glastonbury retrospective tonight, there’s some great choons on there.)

2 Likes

From the excellent Complete Sussex and Columbia Albums box set, Bill’s funky 1976 album.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells, on hdcd.

20 Likes

The Police - Synchronicity - 1983

Like Dave, been watching the Glasto build-up, then sudddenly got a craving for this. How odd?

17 Likes

Mike Mainieri Wanderlust / 2013 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795850

Mike Mainieri Vibraphone, Marimba
Marcus Miller, Tony Levin Bass
Peter Erskine Drums
Jeremy Steig Flute
Kazumi Watanabe, Steve Khan Guitar
Don Grolnick Keyboards
Warren Bernhardt Piano, Synthesizer
Michael Brecker Saxophone

1 Like