What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

From 1974, an unusual record in Evans’ catalogue, but a good one. Re-released on the revived MPS label. Lovely SQ on this CD.

12 Likes

The Doors - LA Woman. From the 45RPM Analogue Productions box set from 2008. The best sounding version I’ve ever heard!

23 Likes

2 Likes

On CD:-

Johnny Marr - Playland

5 Likes

One of these days, I’m going to have to have a shootout between the AP and DCC Doors releases… they’re both good but I’ve never compared head to head.

It’s a Fair Cop on R4.

'There’s not a lot of difference between being a stand up comedian and a policeman. Both involve dealing with drunken dullards. But as a copper I have to call them “Sir” '.

1 Like

Horace Tapscott conducting The Pan African Peoples Arkestra - Flight 17 (Pure Pleasure/Nimbus West)

Superb Pure Pleasure re issue from the recently discovered (prompted by Kevster) Nimbus West label.
Just what the Doctor ordered after a cab full of rowdy dustbin lids!

:heart:

4 Likes

I often get the same hankering :grinning:
Big Mike’s on at the mo …

11 Likes

Francis Dunnery - Hometown

I missed this concert, but was at Whitehaven for the subsequent tour which promoted this album. With Matt Pegg on bass, it’s a great fun live set.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Listening to ‘For Django’ by Joe Pass, while sorting out the online ticketing for our upcoming shows. It’s a very fine album.

2 Likes

A Facebook post from Stiff Records is celebrating the 42nd birthday of Lena’s Flex album. Happy Birthday!

6 Likes

Great label! I particularly and predictably like the Ernie Ranglin & Monty Alexander albums.
There is a recent compilation album, I posted a while back of Gilles Peterson crate digging the MPS catalogue

:heart:

2 Likes

Chris Isaak: Wicked Game. makes my room sound a lot bigger than it is. Karousel is one big up grade.

8 Likes

81uDz6Pm8OL.SS500
Buddy Guy - Blues Singer, a purely acoustic album, with appearances from EC and BB.

18 Likes

8 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band | Revelator | 2011
Fine rock 'n blues here on their debut album that I’ve not played for quite a while.

16 Likes

It’s lovely but at 7.5% you don’t want too much of a good thing! We have Langham beer at our shows.

1 Like

Hawkwind. At the BBC 1972.
:flushed:

14 Likes

King Crimson – Music Is Our Friend

Another superb live release – it may be classed as an official bootleg, but the sound quality is top drawer and really leaps out of the speakers, and the musicians’ performances themselves are up there with their absolute best – it’s very apparent that the enforced lengthy lay off has reinvigorated, reenergised and rejuvenated every aspect of the whole band.

7 Likes