What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Joan Shelley - The Spur

Accompanied by guitarists Nathan Salsburg and James Elkington.

As expected from Joan a thing of beauty.

7 Likes

John McLaughlin - Liberation Time

I’ve had the opening riff from the piece As the Spirit Sings at the back of my mind for a while. It’s nice to have the opportunity to play it. This is a very enjoyable album.

7 Likes

The Cactus Blossoms - You’re Dreaming

2 Likes

My old school mate. Actually bumped into Paul a week or so ago in Milton Keynes (our local shopping centre) - glamorous life :grinning:

4 Likes

Cat Stevens - Tea For The Tillerman (Deluxe Edition)

16 Likes

The Kinks The Village Green Preservation Society

15 Likes

Chris Rea - The Return of The Fabulous Hofner Bluenotes

10 Likes

Ramones - Rocket to Russia - 1977

11 Likes

Composer of the week on BBC Radio 3, which this week focuses on Billy Strayhorn.

4 Likes

Some beautiful playing by Johnny Hodges at the moment

2 Likes

Wilco’s excellent new album Cruel Country

7 Likes

She was great with Robert Plant at BST Hyde Park last Sunday.

6 Likes

Norah Jones - Begin Again
CD rip | 2019

18 Likes

Various – Broken Hearts & Dirty Windows: Songs Of John Prine, Vol. 2
CD rip | 2021

2 Likes

Joan Osborne - Early Recordings
CD rip | 1996

Haven’t listened to this in a long time. Nice to revisit.

4 Likes

Also great at Glastonbury.

11 Likes

Now playing…

Joan Shelley - The Spur

Joan Shelley (Acoustic Guitar, Resonator Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Meg Baird Vocals), Bill Callahan (Vocals), Jean Cook Viola, Violin), James Elkington (Bass, Brass Arrangement, Dobro, Drums, Keyboards, Mandola, Percussion, Recorder, String Arrangements), Anna Jacobson (Brass), Sean Johnson|Drums), Lia Kohl Cello), Nick Macri (Upright Bass), Nathan Salsburg (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar) and Spencer Tweedy (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @AndyP regarding Joan’s latest album, released June 23rd, had me place it in the queue and now taking out for a spin, and Joan with the band are sounding mighty sweet!

7 Likes

The Beatles - Abbey Road - WAV CD rip
How to follow Macca’s Glastonbury set? My favourite Fabs album and one of my desert island discs, great music and performances. I love it even more having watched Get Back.

20 Likes

These two after their fantastic set at Glasto 2022.

ROBERT_PLANT_&_ALISON_KRAUSS_RAISING+SAND-5925431

ROBERT_PLANT_&_ALISON_KRAUSS_RAISE+THE+ROOF+-+YELLOW+VINYL+RSD+STORE+EXCLUSIVE+-+SEALED-7807451

Both on vinyl.

25 Likes

I was at the pre-plague Florida HiFi Show in 2019, where Stereophile’s analog guru Michael Fremer played side 2 from a pristine British pressing on some extraordinary equipment. When it was over, I noticed several gnarly old buggers with tears streaming down their cheeks. Then I discovered that one of them was me!

3 Likes