What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Stomu Yamashta, Steve Winwood and Michael Shrieve - Go, a fine fusion album that features many more excellent musicians than the three featured.

11 Likes

4 Likes

Charlie Haden + Chris Anderson None But The Lonely Heart / 1997 naim / Austria CD / naimcd022

8 Likes

Pharoah Sanders - Moonchild, Timeless Records/Music On Vinyl 40th Anniversary Reissue.

A bit more laid back than Pharoah’s usual fare and all the better for it IMO.

3 Likes

So Joe gets an encore !
Joe Bonamassa - British Blues Explosion Live (2018) - recorded July 2016

Joe at Newark Castle July 2016 - the day after he recorded the concert in Greenwich (same set).

5 Likes

For Jim it was all over by the time he was 30.

8 Likes

More Alice.
Live At Berkeley Community Theatre 1972
Soundboard recording, great line-up and if the sound ain’t ‘hi fi’, who cares. Ben Riley ace on drums, the sarod and tabla come through nicely, Charlie’s solo is great on ALS; and Alice… is simply…Alice :heartpulse:

8 Likes

18 Likes

LP - Parlophone Records Ltd 2014 reissue : )

<>

Robin Trower – guitar
James Dewar – bass, vocals
Reg Isidore – drums

Recorded 1973 - 1974 at Olympic and AIR studios, London.
Album released 20th April 1974

<>

The only reason i choose to play this tonight, is because when i put the birthday boy Bailey’s Thomson Twins record back in the LP rack, in the T section, i saw this Robin Trower classic nearby, and thought yeah don’t mind if i do. A stupendous sonic Q kicking out of this 2014 remaster, they certainly did a fine job with it, oh yes :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

20 Likes

Just Finished…

Foy Vance -Signs of Life

Foy Vance (Drums, Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Ella Vance (Vocals), Gareth Dunlop (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lute, Mandolin, Mellotron, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Vibraphone, Vocals), Al Gamble (Hammond Organ), Colm McClen (Electric Guitar), Conor McCreanor (Bass) and Craig Milton (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)…

and

Now playing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - The Dirt and the Stars

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Ethan Johns (Drums, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Percussion, Synthesizer), Duke Levine (12 String Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin), Luke Levine (Electric Guitar), Nick Pini (6-String Bass, Electric Bass, Double Bass, Moog Synthesizer), Matt Rollins (Hammond Organ, Piano) and [Jeremy Stacey (Drums, Hand Chimes, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… I kicked off today’s exercise routine and listened to Vance and Mary and both albums sounded sublime! Fine companions while working out… Life is Sweet!

16 Likes

But we love Eric - so here’s a great album (to take us to the wee small hours)
Eric Clapton - 24 Nights - Live At The Royal Albert Hall 1990-1991 (1991)

11 Likes

Now playing…

Andrew Cyrille Quartet - The News

Andrew Cyrill ]Drums), Bill Frisell (Guitar), David Virelles (Piano, Syntzesizer) and Ben Street (Double Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this fabulous quartet, such a talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! Hitting the spot along with my cup of coffee and sandwich…

2 Likes

Three for this evening!

8 Likes

To start the day…

Pat Metheny - 2016 The Unity Sessions

7 Likes

Samantha Fish, kill or be kind. :relaxed:

My naimie tells me there is a beta firmware update. Not now but promise I will install soon! Music first!

4 Likes

I’ve noticed cassettes making a comeback, is anyone making cassette decks again?

2 Likes

Melody Gardot, sunset in the blue. :relaxed:

11 Likes

last evenings selection
electronics in style of Schulze / TD

4 Likes

Steve Roach - part of a set recorded for eclipses

3 Likes

Nono Orchestra - Angels Breakin’
Recorded on steel cello, bowchime and glass harp.

1 Like