What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Prompted by another thread. Not played this in a while. 1976 I think. Excellent.

22 Likes

Great album. I purchased the limited edition white vinyl which looks great, but I am not at all impressed with the mix. The bass is loud and indistinct. A shame.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Barrelhouse Chuck & Kim Wilson’s Blues All-Stars - Driftin’ From Town To Town

3 Likes

They are Dread, but mostly cheap horrible Chinese mechs. TEAC do a double deck machine but it’s rubbish. That’s why there’s such a healthy secondhand market, with silly prices for top Naks. But you can pick up good decks by Technics, Sony, Yamaha, Denon etc for quite reasonable prices.

An opportunity for Naim @Richard.Dane @Naim.Marketing?

2 Likes

Kev, it’s at least 35 years since Naim’s started development of their own cassette deck, so it’ll probably be really, really good if and when it does appear. Unfortunately I reckon the current component supply crisis might just scotch it…

2 Likes

Emerson Lake & Palmer / 2011 Sony / Germany CD / 88697830072

17 Likes

I have a fairly good Marantz one from back in the day, dont use it now. I have a collection of some great off air concert recordings which I transferred to CD, I still kept the tapes though.

1 Like

Is there a shortage of pencils and/or BIC’s? :wink:

9 Likes

See what you did there.

4 Likes

The Reverend Shawn Amos Loves You

4 Likes

Lee Ritenour & Larry Carlton Larry & Lee / 1995 GRP / Germany CD / GRP98172

6 Likes

HMV sale led to some goodies.

7 Likes

Michael Franks Rendezvous in Rio / 2006 KOCH / US CD / KOCCD9964

3 Likes

I think maybe Richard did :+1:

1 Like

Grace Cummings - Storm Queen

Youtube vid blew me away

Need I say more?

7 Likes

Alpha & Omega - Overstanding (Tidal/Steppas)

Streaming in the cab, panel beating with this 1991 UK Digi-Dub classic
Now re-issued on vinyl

20220119_134855

Alpha & Omega are bonafide UK dub pioneers. Part of the reason for that is their seminal, sought after and timeless reggae album Overstanding from back in 1991. It now gets a welcome repress and still very much represents the sound of sound system culture and bass music that left the shores of Jamaica and arrived in the UK before being championed around the world. The tracks are sleek and futurist dubs with tons of echo and reverb adding weight to the already hefty basslines. The dreamy vocals add a sense of soul that anchors each tune in the here and now. Vital stuff.
:heart:

5 Likes

Sabrina Malheiros Clareia / 2017 Far Out / UK CD / FARO199CD

4 Likes

Elvis Presley, Essential Elvis Vol 2 Stereo 57. SACD

6 Likes

LP - RCA (compilation) 1982 : )

<<>>

Happy Birthday Dolly! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born 19th January 1946, in a one-room cabin on the banks of the Little Pigeon River in Pittman Center, Tennessee :us:

12 Likes