What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Chris Isaak: San Francisco Days. Another Chris Isaak cracker.

5 Likes

Forgotton masters of synth imho … Vince’s arrangements and Alison’s vocals are the best of that generation :grinning:

Incognito bees + things + flowers / 2006 Canyon / Japan Promo CD / PCCY01809

4 Likes

A live-streamed talk by the great glass artist Peter Layton, Peter is going through his life story. Fascinating insight into the background of someone who has had a massive impact on the UK art glass community, and he’s such a nice chap it’s really enjoyable.

2 Likes

A Belgian artist who played on and off with Rory Gallagher during the 70’s and 80’s He has been recording since the late 60’s

1 Like

Tonight I go earlier to bed, but again with Jimi. Good night All.

Jimi Hendrix - 1967 Axis: Bold as Love

22 Likes

As the Catholic priest who was my fifth-form form teacher stopped me on my way out with a copy of that album under my arm, I was so relieved that the opening line of Plaistow Patricia wasn’t its title.

1 Like

The Beatles - Beatles For Sale. Spinning the 2017 stereo version.

25 Likes

For me his best album recorded in 2014. Touches of Neil Young in this album by this excellent Norwegian singer songwriter.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Alison is still going strong after all these years, look for " Alison Moyet - ‘Don’t Go’ - Leftfield Stage - Glastonbury 2017" on the tube for instance. No idea what Vince does these days…

2 Likes

Gang Of Four - entertainment!
CD|1979

Post-Punk, New Wave

4 Likes

Now playing…

Tommy Tokyo - We Blister and We Bleed

Tommy Tokyo (Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Lina Marie Årnes (Violin), Tiril Dørum Bengtsson (Cello), Øyvind Blomstrøm (Bass, 12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harmonium, Keyboards, Hammond Organ, Pedal Steel Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Vocals), Ida Bryhn (Viola), Andreas Bye (Drums, Percussion), Øystein Frantzvåg (Vocals), Erik Johannessen (Trombone), Anders Lie (Bass, Electric Guitar, Piano, Sigrid Caroline Ramdal (Fiddle), Fredrik Rosland (Accordion), Alf Viktor Salvesen (Drums) and Lise Voldsdal (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention above from @ewemon had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and Tommy and the band are sounding mighty sweet! Definetly “Touches of Neil Young,” thanks for the mention and well worth the time to give a listen…

5 Likes

Some of the good Dr.

10 Likes

U2 - Achtung Baby. First UK pressing. Saw them on this tour and think this was arguably their last consistently good album. Pretty decent sounding disc too.

17 Likes

Barretto Power - Ray Barretto

4 Likes

8190N0e8n0L.SS500
Keith Richards - Crosseyed Heart, some nice tracks here, but perhaps the album is overlong?

12 Likes

15 Likes

9 Likes

LP - Warner Bros Records 2013 reissue : )

<<>>

Top drawer mastering by Doug Sax, sublime singing plus a great line up of musicianship to include some superb mandolin play by Albert Lee, and Ry Cooder makes a (track 3) appearance on tremolo guitar.
One of those albums that you forget how enjoyable it is until it’s played. :cowboy_hat_face: :+1:

12 Likes