What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Dolly Parton, Jolene. Don’t usually listen to DP, but hey happy birthday. I am so lame, I thought I will always love you is Whitney Houston’s. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, trio. I actually picked this first because it has Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt, but listening to a truly authentic DP with Jolene was great. This one is awesome too. :relaxed:

Haha, @Debs you beat me to it. Thank you. :blush:

6 Likes

Love your XA20 … I gave my Sony CD player to my brother in law, and now want it back :grinning:
Great album, also have it on tape, but lent my Nakamichi deck to a mate, etc. (there’s a theme going on here) … still have the vinyl, and no b*gger is getting the Rega.

1 Like

Meghan Patrick, country music made me do it. Yep, country music or Dolly Parton made me do it. :relaxed:

2 Likes

We Are Reasonable People - Warp Compilation (1998).

2 Likes

71kr2-S+oEL.SS500
Rumer - Seasons Of My Soul.

16 Likes

Couple of 80’s revisits … both with Mick Karn on fretless bass. Rather good.

7 Likes

Santana caravanserai
52F64062-76F4-40D9-B0B7-C768F4F55BE3

26 Likes

Thanks!

My deck is sitting idle on another shelf right now because I haven’t got a pre-amp at the moment;

But it will be hooked up again somewhere next week when this Denon beauty will be arriving;

4 Likes

12 Likes

Transmission - Djinn

4 Likes

Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris - Trio - WAV CD rip
Joining @Debs and @davidng in enjoying this, 3 great singers, well chosen songs and sensitive backing.

8 Likes

Last one for the evening

81w7SH3jOtL.SS500
Mike Oldfield - Guitars.

12 Likes

Henry McCullough - Ballywonderland - WAV CD rip
Fine set of songs, ballads and rock’n’roll, sung in a gentle voice with great guitar work. Blinder.

5 Likes

To start the day…

Ben Harper and Relentless7 - White Lies for Dark Times

4 Likes

Ben Harper - 2012 By My Side

9 Likes

Gordon Lightfoot If You Could Read My Mind

13 Likes

Lou Reed Coney Island Baby

11 Likes

Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, Trio II. Work day is done. Going on to the second trio album. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Some newly unearthed trax from Son House released on Dan Auerbach’s label in March
A number of trax.

9 Likes